Does the mobile passport app save any time?

chadcf

Port Everglades is the only cruise port that uses it so I figured I'd get it ready to go, but I was reading that they don't require you to fill out customs forms anymore, instead the customs agent just asks you if you brought anything in etc. So I'm wondering, does the mobile passport actually save time getting off the boat? I was under the impression that the app was just a replacement for having to fill out the form so I'm wondering if there is any point now.

Last cruise, which was on Allure, we got into the Mobile Passport line and when we got up to the front of the line, we were told it wasn't working, but the agent just checked our passports and we were off.

The line is much shorter for the mobile passport people. I will always get in that line in Ft Lauderdale rather than wait in line with so many others.

Last cruise, which was on Allure, we got into the Mobile Passport line and when we got up to the front of the line, we were told it wasn't working, but the agent just checked our passports and we were off.

The line is much shorter for the mobile passport people. I will always get in that line in Ft Lauderdale rather than wait in line with so many others.

Same experience getting off a HAL ship except the agent directed you to the regular line.

Port Everglades is the only cruise port that uses it so I figured I'd get it ready to go, but I was reading that they don't require you to fill out customs forms anymore, instead the customs agent just asks you if you brought anything in etc. So I'm wondering, does the mobile passport actually save time getting off the boat? I was under the impression that the app was just a replacement for having to fill out the form so I'm wondering if there is any point now.

Ship