BLISS Alaska Maiden Voyage Travelogue

Motegi

Did they make you wear life vests or was it optional?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope. Didn’t have to wear them at all. They did a safety briefing at the beginning to tell us about them and mentioned that they are available but that was it!

I've been following along since you started this thread and just wanted to pop in to thank you for the travelogue and amazing pics. You are a GREAT photographer!! Appreciate the pics and ship info. AND the Seattle info. You are an active young couple! Hubby and I have been to Seattle twice but this will be my mom's first visit. She's 88. She is just a wee bit excited about the whole trip. LOL! :D(We're on the last Bliss Alaska cruise of the season - Sep 22.)

Thanks! You’re going to have a great time!

Coco’s

Had an afternoon snack at Coco’s yesterday. The menu was much larger than i had expected. We were also surprised that it was a sit down table service venue. I had, for some reason, thought it was set up for counter service like a Starbucks.

BE8562A0-89E6-4578-9CED-6AF0C19D379B.jpg

CADB4_B6_A-7_CBD-4_A7_F-_BF98-3_C4_B4724661_C.jpg

3_F732312-9933-4865-89_FC-79_EE18502_B2_E.jpg

The Menu

B24_D57_D7-_C771-4_DEC-_A1_DF-_B3_AD9_B8_E0550.jpg

015_A7_D0_C-_EDE1-41_F1-_B95_B-_D3_D08_B604_BA7.jpg

0_E32_CF38-57_F0-46_F2-8_F50-_E8568845_D54_B.jpg

Edited by Motegi

Coco’s: The Food

We really enjoyed our crepes after being out in the wind and cold in Skagway. The couple next to usenraved about the Tiramisu Sunday too. Pam’s not into chocolate (other than the chocolate lava cake in the MDR) but she thought a lot of the pastries on display looked enticing.

Pam ordered the Crepes Suzette

0_A672_CEB-_CDE9-4_D54-_A46_A-_ED7_EE59_ADFD6.jpg

I had the Dulce De Leche Crepes

EFD2_F5_FC-6_CF8-41_A6-8_BF9-1_A8159095_CC2.jpg

They were both excellent and we’d order them again!

Do not really understand why you are suprised about the cocos.

All was known in advance especially due to the TA live thread.

So in my opinion there is not really much new you can report about the ship, but the ports of alaska and everything outside the ship.

So in my opinion there is not really much new you can report about the ship, but the ports of alaska and everything outside the ship.

No one cares about your opinion.

Dude you don’t have to read this thread. People all have their own opinions and they are all different so it’s nice to read other people’s point of views.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FUNNY! I was wondering if someone was going to get disrespectful! That is too bad. This thread is MUCH different than the TA as this starts the "normal Alaska" sailings with hopefully the menus that will carry through to the end of this season. This is the most thorough well thought out guide and I'M SO APPRECIATIVE for the thread and for them taking time out of there precious time on their vacation to find out answers for us!!!! Leave the negativity in your home NOT here.clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Coco’s: The Food

We really enjoyed our crepes after being out in the wind and cold in Skagway. The couple next to usenraved about the Tiramisu Sunday too. Pam’s not into chocolate (other than the chocolate lava cake in the MDR) but she thought a lot of the pastries on display looked enticing.

Pam ordered the Crepes Suzette

0_A672_CEB-_CDE9-4_D54-_A46_A-_ED7_EE59_ADFD6.jpg

I had the Dulce De Leche Crepes

EFD2_F5_FC-6_CF8-41_A6-8_BF9-1_A8159095_CC2.jpg

They were both excellent and we’d order them again!

Between the drinks and the crepes, you are making me hungry. Thanks for the posts.

Thank you so much for these pictures and all the info. We are looking at booking the Bliss right now for next June-July.

Question: Was the pool ever open, and did you see anyone actually in it? I saw that it is supposedly "Heated", but nothing more.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you so much for these pictures and all the info. We are looking at booking the Bliss right now for next June-July.

Question: Was the pool ever open, and did you see anyone actually in it? I saw that it is supposedly "Heated", but nothing more.

Any help is appreciated!

Yes, I was surprised to see several people using the pools and the slides during this cruise considering the temps in the 50-60’s. Perhaps they are from northern areas where they aren’t as averse to the cold! LOL!

Thanks so much for all of the great reviews, tips and pictures! I can't wait to be there the end of June. 1 question, as a friend just returned and said they had a rough sea day coming back down from Skagway. How is the weather today and are there any rough seas?

TIA

Yet, you’re still here reading and taking time to be rude.

I really appreciate you guys using your valuable vacation time to post all this info. I am not sure what type of cabin you have, but I am trying to get info on the mid ship balcony cabins. Specifically if when you look down over your balcony you can see water. It appears to me in most of the videos and pictures I have seen there is a deck obstructing the view. I hope that's not the case as I have a BA cabin booked for May 2019. Thank you in advance if you are able to find out.

From there we headed off to the Sheraton to meet our tour guide, Cory, for a winery tour and visit to Snoqualmie falls. The Sheraton is just another 10 minute walk from the Pike Place Market and very close to the original Nordstrom’s department store. We must’ve passed 2 or 3 more Starbucks on our walk. It seems like there is one on every block!

I have to laugh at the Starbucks comment. I'm a WA native (live 2 hours north of Seattle). There is, indeed, just about one Starbucks on every block in Seattle! In other parts of WA, it's very common to see more than one coffee store on a block, just not necessarily Starbucks. We are passionate about our caffeine here! :)