Price of Soda Package jumped 35 % to $11.49

We have a Freedom cruise this December, no problem. But after that all these price changes (gratuity increase, drink packages increases and requirements that all adults have one, specialty dining price increases) will make me consider a RCCL cruise long and hard.

i just looked at mine for FEB 2019 and it just showed up soda package 12.89 per day. says that is 20% discount from onboard price

deluxe package shows 77.40 per day with 10% discount price that's in CAD

Last July on Allure the price of the soda package was $9.50 per day plus 18% which came to $11.21 per day.

Purchasing it in advance would have been $8.50 a day but my son had a lot of OBC so decided to buy it onboard and didn't know it was more onboard than purchasing in advance.

My guess is that onboard the aforementioned ships it is $9.75 onboard, a raise of 25 cents per day from what Allure charged last year. I agree it is too much for something that costs so very little.

I've got a zero-tolerance FreeStyle machine policy after several cruises on Anthem over 3 months where the machines were broken or unfilled the exact same way each time. Complain to guest services. They will call the responsible department and get them filled. Sometimes servicing issues have to wait (one issue I had with the machines they needed Coke reps to fix was an apparent synchronization issue with clocks and how using certain machines would push ahead the clock on the ability to use the same cup again on other machines. Guest Services temporary solution was to give me a second cup so I could alternate. Of course that only worked once I figured out which machine was ultimately the bigger problem. And only worked when I knew in advance where I might be going to and being able to ensure I brought the right cup. Thankfully soda was secondary. Alcoholic beverages were primary, so it was more a deliberate choice to have soda at times.