Price of Soda Package jumped 35 % to $11.49

The price of the deluxe beverage package jumped to $60 and Voom to $19.99 for our 2019 Med sailing also.

These are the prices we are seeing on our January Western Caribbean sailing too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay, our 3 nighter in November is showing the $8.50 per day. My 7 nighter in April is showing $9.99 and says 'Price reflects my discount' (banner shows 20% off). This is the first time I've ever seen a sale on the standard soda package. But worse is it's MORE after the discount as it after the absurd raised price. $8.50 a day was already ridiculous. Hard to swallow (pun intended) the raised costs. This is already a huge profit item for them.

Erika

Okay, our 3 nighter in November is showing the $8.50 per day. My 7 nighter in April is showing $9.99 and says 'Price reflects my discount' (banner shows 20% off). This is the first time I've ever seen a sale on the standard soda package. But worse is it's MORE after the discount as it after the absurd raised price. $8.50 a day was already ridiculous. Hard to swallow (pun intended) the raised costs. This is already a huge profit item for them.

Erika

Yes, it also has the same banner on our sailing, 20% onboard prices. At $11.49 for a 10 day package times 3 kids... I am thankful that they really don't drink much soda and are happy enough just buying a virgin drink or fancy coffee a few times during the trip.

I don't think RCI can make a claim that cost is going up. Sale of soda in the U.S. seems to be dropping off. They are constantly running sales in the grocery store to move the stuff. This would seem to just be a pure money grab.

And they can't claim it's the cost/ upkeep of the freestyle machines as A- most ships don't have them and B- those that do are rarely running full, or running at all.

I usually get the package for convenience and to get ginger-ale if needed. Hubby is a coke addict. Thankfully it's liquid and diet. :) So for him to buy soda by the glass adds up fast. But still, these prices are absurd. I would suggest we all boycott and maybe they will lower their prices, but when has that ever worked with RCI?

Erika

And they can't claim it's the cost/ upkeep of the freestyle machines as A- most ships don't have them and B- those that do are rarely running full, or running at all.

I usually get the package for convenience and to get ginger-ale if needed. Hubby is a coke addict. Thankfully it's liquid and diet. :) So for him to buy soda by the glass adds up fast. But still, these prices are absurd. I would suggest we all boycott and maybe they will lower their prices, but when has that ever worked with RCI?

Erika

It doesn't work because there are many people who have the attitude that they are on vacation and they don't care about cost. They are a CEO's dream.

And I might just ad that last week Stop & Shop was selling 2 liter bottles of Coke for $0.88.

No way would I pay that amount. There are just not enough self serve locations and as mentioned the ones they have usually have maintenance issues. One promenade machine on Oasis was out of service for most of the cruise. It was a hard pill to swallow at the cheaper price, moving to $11 I will not even have to consider it.

Just booked 2019 Mediterranean cruise. The price of Soda Package, is now $11.49, was $8.50.

Today it also has the same banner on our sailing, 20% discount of onboard prices with the price of $11.49, and I think you have to add tax and gratuities.

Sometimes I think RCCL goes fishing to see if the market will pay this price.

We were just on the Brilliance on a Baltic tour and they offer a Tour of the Crew Quarters for a fee. I was standing standing next to the Cruise Director and he was laughing about it with another crew member. This was the first time they heard of a Crew Tour. I think they like to "test the waters" to see what the public will do and what they are willing to pay for.

Edited by wendyp247
additional question

Hold off on buying it. Odds are they'll run the percentage off specials they have been for this year.

It's my understanding the RCL never offers the soda package at a discount like they do the booze package.

Today it also has the same banner on our sailing, 20% discount of onboard prices with the price of $11.49, and I think you have to add tax and gratuities.

Sometimes I think RCCL goes fishing to see if the market will pay this price.

We were just on the Brilliance on a Baltic tour and they offer a Tour of the Crew Quarters for a fee. I was standing standing next to the Cruise Director and he was laughing about it with another crew member. This was the first time they heard of a Crew Tour. I think they like to "test the waters" to see what the public will do and what they are willing to pay for.

We already pay thousands to be in our quarters. I don't feel the need to spend more to see their quarters, especially since I suspect ours are better.

And besides that, the crew deserve their space away from us. They don't need to have us poking around in their retreat.

Edited by Ocean Boy

On 12-day cruise on Anthem in Feb. I ordered a 24 pack of diet coke for the minibar. It was $47.20 including the 18% gratuities. I only drink max 2 per day so this worked out well at $4 per day. Soda package was just over $10 per day including gratuities. I could never have consumed that much soda. I also had a watwe pacjage. DH had refreshment package but wasn't worth it for me as I don't even drink coffee.

Just booked 2019 Mediterranean cruise. The price of Soda Package, is now $11.49, was $8.50.

Royal sends out emails (they sent some out this weekend) refreshment beverage package was 30% off, same for deluxe beverage package. They only send these emails with discounts to you if you book directly with them.

just found out the refreshment package for 7night 2018 on symphony was quoted as $232. wow $33 per day. anyone know the price of moctails.

Agree with Bob, around $5.00. Refreshment package frequently does go on sale so keep checking your cruise planner. We just snagged the package for $18.00 a day.