***LIVE*** Norwegian Getaway June 3 - 10

So about this image....

We couldn't figure out why the air conditioner would only stay on for 15 minutes at a time. We were roasting at night. So, with 2 days left of the cruise we call the front desk and ask them. They said if you hit the "snowflake", it is a timer. Just turn down the temp, but don't hit that snow flake. REALLY!?!?!?

Needless to say, once we figured that out, we both agree that it was the best air conditioning system we've ever had on a cruise in a balcony room. In fact, we got too cold.

2ai3qys.jpg

That is hysterical. I had no clue until now! I hit the snowflake every time I walked by, wondering 'why the hell is it off now??!' :)

That is backwards logic for sure.

PS: agree on the AC. It cranked.

Million Dollar Quartet was 110% fantastic!

It lived up to all the Cruise Critic hype for sure.

Don't miss it, and DEFINITELY do not leave when it seems like it's over.

They all come back out & the last 15 minutes is tremendous!

Million Dollar Quartet was 110% fantastic!

It lived up to all the Cruise Critic hype for sure.

Don't miss it, and DEFINITELY do not leave when it seems like it's over.

They all come back out & the last 15 minutes is tremendous!

Awesome! My son Kurt, (Carl Perkins) says this show has the potential to have GOAT moments. I had to ask what that meant: Greatest of All Times. (and he is very critical). I am so proud. Enjoy!! Can't wait to see this version in October.

Awesome! My son Kurt, (Carl Perkins) says this show has the potential to have GOAT moments. I had to ask what that meant: Greatest of All Times. (and he is very critical). I am so proud. Enjoy!! Can't wait to see this version in October.

Proud Pop, and you should be. Kurt was great. Incredible guitarist.

The interaction/friction between him & 'Jerry Lee' is very funny.

Proud Pop, and you should be. Kurt was great. Incredible guitarist.

The interaction/friction between him & 'Jerry Lee' is very funny.

Thanks but proud Mom! His Pop is proud too!

Yes "Jerry Lee" is like his annoying little brother.

Hi!! Yes he is on his third contract. (He did MDQ on land as well. He was in Phoenix for 2 months) He and the new cast boarded last week. 6 months on 6 months off. He says this cast is fabulous! Everyone is in for a real treat! Extremely talented musicians, singers and actors.

When did you cruise last? We went on the Baltic cruise in September 2017.

We were just on the Getaway last week. MDQ was fantastic! Last year we cruised on the Allure. Next year we are skipping the cruise and going to visit our oldest son in Stockholm where he is living. Probably going to do Alaska in summer of 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were just on the Getaway last week. MDQ was fantastic! Last year we cruised on the Allure. Next year we are skipping the cruise and going to visit our oldest son in Stockholm where he is living. Probably going to do Alaska in summer of 2020.

So glad you saw this cast in MDQ!

You will love Stockholm! I wish we had had more time there. I would love to go back. Went there last September for a day on the Baltic cruise. Cheers!

So glad you saw this cast in MDQ!

You will love Stockholm! I wish we had had more time there. I would love to go back. Went there last September for a day on the Baltic cruise. Cheers!

I went with our daughter in 2015 when he first moved there and LOVED it! I especially liked Gamla Stan and went there every day. Next summer my husband and two younger sons are going with me.

I went with our daughter in 2015 when he first moved there and LOVED it! I especially liked Gamla Stan and went there every day. Next summer my husband and two younger sons are going with me.

It is a beautiful, magical place for sure. My husband said he could live there. The VASA was amazing too!

Look at us! Just talking away on chrisstone's review!:cool:

I wonder if he saw MDQ?

It is a magical place for sure.

Look at us! Just talking away on chrisstone's review!:cool:

Lol right! Chris come on you are slacking again! We are keeping your thread alive!

I just read the post about the a/c to my husband and daughter. In my (not so quick) review, I said that our cabin was h-o-t all week. Guess what we kept doing?! Yep, hitting the snowflake. I have a similar snowflake on my fridge which has the purpose of cooling down the 'fridge quickly. Silly me, that's what we thought we were doing.

They really need a little placard or something beside the unit explaining that. I would have never thought to call the desk to ask!!

I just read the post about the a/c to my husband and daughter. In my (not so quick) review, I said that our cabin was h-o-t all week. Guess what we kept doing?! Yep, hitting the snowflake. I have a similar snowflake on my fridge which has the purpose of cooling down the 'fridge quickly. Silly me, that's what we thought we were doing.

They really need a little placard or something beside the unit explaining that. I would have never thought to call the desk to ask!!

This right here is one reason I love CC! You get these great tidbits of information! Now we know! I don't remember ever having this issue tho.

This right here is one reason I love CC! You get these great tidbits of information! Now we know! I don't remember ever having this issue tho.

Yup, I have already added the info to my cruise reminders in my phone! Thanks!!

I did the same thing on my Escape cruise until I was in my room and WATCHED the temp go from super cold on the thermostat to the middle area. Super annoying.

Hi!! Yes he is on his third contract. (He did MDQ on land as well. He was in Phoenix for 2 months) He and the new cast boarded last week. 6 months on 6 months off. He says this cast is fabulous! Everyone is in for a real treat! Extremely talented musicians, singers and actors.

When did you cruise last? We went on the Baltic cruise in September 2017.

Your son and his cast mates were absolutely fantastic!!!!

Your son and his cast mates were absolutely fantastic!!!!

I told him that the buzz on CC about MDQ was really good. He will get a kick out of it. Thanks! This current cast will be on the Getaway thru beginning of December. Anyone who sees him on the ship tell him his mom says hi!

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 12.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}Today is Wednesday after the cruise. I apologize for my delays, guys. If anything is repeated, I apologize. Also, I may forget some stuff or post out of order.

On a previous post, I put up an image. It shows on when I review the thread from my Macbook, but not from my iPhone. Any suggestions on how to fix that or thoughts? I was using the post option in the posting for images. The first page I was using TinyPic. I’ll use TinyPic again now and see if it makes a difference.

Day 2, Monday Morning - Sea Day

I am generally an early riser. We were up by 6 or 7. Went to breakfast and then Kyron spent all day (on and off) between wifi calling the help desk at his job and the Internet cafe Manager to see how to get to work. Long story short, NCL did not inform him of the website (login.com) that you must use to get accessibility, therefore he did not have it on his approved list through his work. So, after a day of doing that, he decided it wouldn’t work. We chose to cancel the Internet since the main reason for usage was so he could work.

For breakfast we went to Savor. We had a good breakfast and great service. In fact, we went there for lunch as well after the Meet and Mingle. We went to Tropicana for dinner. That was also a great experience.

ix5oux.jpg

The Meet and Mingle was in Cagney’s (The Steakhouse) at 11am. I’ve never been part of one of these and I must say, this was super cool! We met a single guy that cruises all of the time. He also does 360 degree images and we ran into him several times on the ship. We met a couple on their honeymoon and several other couples and people. We met a family that I actually got to converse with quite a bit throughout the week that were great! Their daughter has a YouTube channel that has exploded and it was nice to connect with another family. In fact, when I get the time to put together the videos, you will see them throughout the footage.

After the Meet and Mingle we went out and walked around the 8th floor. There is a deck that literally goes all the way around. It also has a few sections that are glass and you look straight down into the ocean. We got to the AFT of the ship and just enjoyed watching the wake. It was nice. We walked around the ship a bit more and then headed to the room to finally unpack and work on the Internet again.

2ch6otu.jpg

103g6c5.jpg

10p7cpw.jpg

Neither of us had much sleep the 2-3 nights prior. Most people will say this is a waste of a day on a cruise, but after not being able to work, it was nice to kind of relax. After dinner we decided to try to catch up on sleep.

Thanks. If you’re able to get an address that would be so helpful. I know there are many off site lots down there. Wouldn’t want to pick the wrong one. Enjoy your trip!!

Denise

Hello,

I'm the other cruiser with Chris on the getaway trip. The parking is called "Safe Cruise Parking" 155 SW 3rd St Miami, 33130.

Great pricing at the time. $65 for the week. You can keep your keys and park your car or they keep your keys and Valet. Also, keep in mind if you're trying to get to the port earlier than 10am, you'll have to arrange a ride to the port as the shuttles doesn't start drop off until after 10am. We got lucky and caught a ride there around 8ish.

Yay! You are back Chris! Looking forward to reading your review. I am glad you enjoyed the Meet and Mingle. It was nice to meet you and put a face to the name.

Likewise! you did a good job hosting it, btw. :)

INTERNET

I’ll post a few of our SpeedTest results below. Overall, the Internet was INCREDIBLE! We had the Premium Unlimited and we streamed YouTube and Netflix a few times while getting ready and couldn’t believe it. I even went on FaceBook Live a few times in the middle of the ocean. Carnival’s Internet doesn’t even compare. Not even close.

The couple of slower times was when we were at port for some reason, or close to it (Belize and Honduras). The slowest time was when we were on our last sea day, but I wrote that off to 4,000 people trying to get online and post pics and status’ from the week.

Kyron could have worked easily using the ships Internet having given the appropriate information to add to his company’s VPN approval list (login.com).

So, if you are a person that can not or does not want to disconnect, NCL has amazing Internet service!

2eahrvs.jpg

2zit15c.jpg

4i1usw.jpg

142gd53.jpg

This one I believe was from the last sea day

31338cn.jpg

Glad you are back Chris, we did not have the premium WiFi, we had the unlimited and that was very spotty. At times it worked great and others it kept dropping out, never figured out any pattern to it, seemed totally random. I was really bummed that I missed out on the MnM. The fruit carving I was watching ran over and by the time I got to Cagney's about 10 minutes late it was over. So a tip for anyone reading this is DON'T BE LATE. We loved the Waterfront on deck 8, which was our deck. We walked around it often and would sometimes go out at the back of the ship and walk up to the front just to avoid the traffic jams inside.

Glad you are back Chris, we did not have the premium WiFi, we had the unlimited and that was very spotty. At times it worked great and others it kept dropping out, never figured out any pattern to it, seemed totally random. I was really bummed that I missed out on the MnM. The fruit carving I was watching ran over and by the time I got to Cagney's about 10 minutes late it was over. So a tip for anyone reading this is DON'T BE LATE. We loved the Waterfront on deck 8, which was our deck. We walked around it often and would sometimes go out at the back of the ship and walk up to the front just to avoid the traffic jams inside.

Hi Tank! Yes, NCL ran through their stuff pretty quickly. They had all of the food and drinks wrapped up before I even drew the door prize! I am kind of new to the whole hosting of the M&M thing but I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Day 3 Roatan, Honduras

We got up and went to breakfast at the buffet around 7am. We hung out for a bit people watching and talking. We went back to the room around 8:30 and were docked by 9am. I had captured a time lapse video of the sunrise and one of us docking. I’ll post those on my youtube at a later time.

We left the room and walked deck 6 through the shops and the Atrium area. BEAUTIFUL! We were testing the gimbal with different shots.

95x5pk.jpg

We got off the ship and just walked around Roatan. We chose not to do any excursions. We ran into people from the M&M and other people that we met from the ship. The weather was hot and was just a really nice day.

2zoit5j.jpg

2ufy4ue.jpg

2586tg3.jpg

We got back from the island and grabbed a quick lunch.

We ran down to the room real quick later in the afternoon and found these chocolate covered strawberries. I’m not sure where these came from, but I’m assuming they were a gift from the ship for being part of the Meet and Mingle. Regardless of where they came from, it was a really cool treat (that we didn’t even eat LOL).

v6kn14.jpg