***LIVE*** Norwegian Getaway June 3 - 10

ONCE ON BOARD

Before boarding, they told us that our room would not be ready until 2pm. So, we decided to head down to floor 6 and went to Savor. We figured this would eat up more time and we wouldn’t have to fight for a table or wrestle with our bags and a tray.

Here comes my complaint. I ordered Roasted Tomato Soup and the Spanish Frittata. This is basically eggs made into a patty with onions, peppers and potatoes. I specifically asked her not to put in potatoes. She repeated it back to me twice. The soup had an amazing flavor. After several bites I decided to look online to see if it was Keto friendly, as I am enjoying a Keto lifestyle (diet). I noticed that it was NOT, so I didn’t eat any more. My egg patty came and after the first bite I was surprised at how great it was! Honestly, you MUST try it. After a few bites I noticed potato’s. I wasn’t even going to say anything to our server because again, I’m not a complainer. She asked what was wrong since I hadn’t finished it (only a couple bites). I told her there were potatoes in it and I can’t have them. Her response was something like “Yes, it takes the cook too long to do that so we just gave you the normal one”. WHAT!?!? I’m thinking what If I had been allergic to them? This is just not good.

HE3dbXqqKQZluZ4q1

r89bAW2FdbDA7hthnqbpmLUEw26KM3N3FLkJL7_Ih2fgpWYoFkcVg3zHRMmyeJVKDlwqVZ8YrkyCJPFvLFPcvOa2hc6IW934JJ1D0WXjjlzrlmfoldhuEAMK_p2GSy23r_ni_82Z8rRWls15I1cmfbXqtXMsUHVxkmc_KkOzcOwQJ-VGKJ_5BpSXN3Z1jRuWxxsGcjp3iImp7Xg3IrzdcypJy0YXpmMB2-_jugPYCx_ehuPNCedFG-3rAXY-35MfQHQfbFuCrbCAaTG-21_uM7hIrx5fL0zBf4MueR1_p4JBIr8dcPRUanRGykLtqO__0dAOLqwXj0NFB1bZeH_OeLP5CJB3XsO40qxF40q72TpmJ0xViUXD62DPJTCD0BmPtFS1ajSqKe9KNOuyRN8-XhUjf3oCdL2AkcONDl9tO7JzFBc62gwSE3ULhRBKGC8kihNEkthEeE1cRxzJ11lJK67JV17VhVnp1Og4S3gi6M9bEsPMlVHf4OiK45vA_ZsJOJ612Hfuc54_SLgTuFXVcLYWMr4weBw8qABQGm4ckfAhv6n_fZr69vZhnzde9_XgVe_0UG_tecaNpFaM9VKiLpTugtcd1uyMXN2Oi4E=w1038-h1382-no

wEM18IZDI8bWeVOD6xEi7yL5-ChC4VktaubDAEH3As7a4GAmXgoS1AU5PkX4OCk1-7PJDb7WN0I2w1V-izCGuM4-BoEvUee6aDgUz-k4ylPpeiqwXKntZB_ewEQ3MqA2VuLgt9GSSoAkb-naPEQI4QN2dBvK9aHlBCEoweJKk2Rzvs_ACwMaX27Nxghiw4Td-8Mgc9VD-WPWyjbJf3ER8ZqZaU-vU5T0mDnpkwilJuuye1y9_owyTzNyGW1Lkdm5Ajqd9-2RckaVpXMWaixb7vihTvn1e7LQcfODKD7dKmpKVl-76DPsLxYyNcR6FPBCPcroDT69f4y49i7IbIh-EOKAnuXuaP8eDsXNlaTP5QKOPbZOE6QuR28xBfv5eMO7y407oxGkqPOhxPSQ-kHW1vhEDq6otA4V2CHiCTgvEG13n8fujwTejG4zYL8D5A5WCHeIWHlgB2qVZIMnFydHY9VLL1Ahh3K-X83WzrZTamY-9DX9EFwAtqQyu3FUDnfWQWqM3TnokblN41spVW56sNzm8-3F78qTkEzm3mPXewaRbZESSOjH3LHom1voCNwhi1SA-OvNYa6oNWHReKz2aJEPP0QubzNI0-4xvZI=w1038-h1382-no

GQhPnbVejuCzqvKTNUQ3XIpFYx70og5vnnL48JjRseGsPWnP_iubcDOB5xqB-gbFQU7x5kUal9rLRXpJGgaD5DlvQSAkYj4u0HOmAre2ugh39HoY4s6V_0ybOt42XgietPEXIlD8AZqwE6J3NklY0GBXTa9ddsmN8SwiUtwXbsWdS5qE0sG3lA9bnB2CjWifb_BQ9xxNCzxDrtZ7jZZPJ_fz5Cpoq6_FuHiyngH0_ZRNAeIfsXdgKmqKvMPrl_oPDHTjTnkUlMK3rnqy7ndjcnQptt0Pfq4p2tnQlOY0YUVN2Ng4hYBijjO17qqcLt_A71ophYYYCafwWUlNRtIKfkkvho-461vCnGI1rW2YQMl94VTzcexd-kvJJIJO6tLmWpKZc17J4jXYFSPddz162feVXXe-0bNbF_0HdE5FTrmqQCnBL07Cn-Ot580xX_ql99tXjFXqjchYIticwkTJu2OkzKwAhJy6FYUMfI156CYd-u12BxzGtzkYJ1NztlyZKFL85hnqortvJwJw1uBdtyJiqRGsDT4mtl65g-z0VDSi01ftMO_zOlYQVRyTFmlLaxkf1dJfeS_Ux4VcYB5NyLkeGd7oZ94KOBRIGuM=w1038-h1382-no

P1DYvtPUBeqPY3yXOz_00kVGxRnGy6GYtPUXaUljB5hjI_-wPaJbDaLlw8PG5XmdHb1lXEEs1j9L8i-F34o4Oc8x8AtpOynY89t8Un6UvQT2R0GoeA_lpIa4y_t_YXlrTfpfnlIoYU5YcI0ZRsDAwBIxaH8Vx_d-ub02U9tn_cPXzPM1sr4LJlPAO2-2IgSmPIyraPrAibMEk1TydBpONSwCwkwm2taLXWIMC8xV8_3T4gz_lkrF1yOABSoINoSf52iA76NsT8oh-tU4hHlm3VjfyqXGgsZ6B-j23mHStq9WrugGoDid8ey0y4VQnyy5FjASdBx9wQXTcYo6hILiacx89GWd2v8RDI1oUgnHHNuzDeem-24YX4nC11ciE9Zg1xH3JZiGuH9PiNjZ3Skq85pES-_5ZbktO-u9JkCUoGIMgeBGK9ywwnaMG2MnR4owAqqRfvbQG8k9DNaTwALnM0O_H8iNARsZE1hw2-l_8XW5EJV3Yk1ukj5BMlQyO80Kfh77EVD7RbqtoC0BzFcFElz7bTAlbz87XzYOUA2gRJEkvjrj5jibBjn9IC0nnTVMQnshBGvcZRNscCFjh-e9tzAoDSOBGrEWF10pXeo=w1038-h1382-no

Edited by iamchrisstone

After lunch we went to see if the rooms were ready and they were not. We headed up to Deck 15 to just sit and wait for our rooms. After walking all the way around the deck, we finally found a table. While working we looked at all of the food at the buffet. It looked many times better than Carnival’s buffet. We filled our cups with ice and water and headed back down to our rooms around 2:15.

Got to our room. Our double beds were as one. NOPE! Neither of us feel like cuddling another grown man so we asked housekeeping to separate the beds. We also asked them to take out all of the drinks from the fridge. Let me say this about the room. The size felt similar to a Carnival balcony room. The balcony feels smaller. The carpet, walls, decor, outlets, lights and everything looks fabulous, not generic, not cheesy and not worn out. The room was another great first impression.

We left at 3:15 for the Muster Drill. First time ever for me doing one inside. It was in the Tropicana. Easy, laid back and it was not bad at all. After they released us we headed back to the room. Here is a pic I took at the Muster Drill. As soon as I took it, the guy on the microphone looked at me and said "NO ELECTRONICS!" hahaha

lBIzgFYgf9Dx__2fjCn7OsYGmfu3hf8FG6OGQRBJ_3K8RVOf2BNBRtkQtQwAYgsGVUM46P_f6Gl6WRxQzxAv0WUp2poFFyK6V2eeQR8CR6yU6DVq28WRx0avuJxLnLVb4-4wIHDFR_AL5cTbQGCe_sup4CkB0RppPVg-iMAah-dIzf8zBZd1LkVLRuSYFDdLbZseS5P_VaVVFZ_i9MSbHVmBoGcpV0lLHgeoZRpp84EhZnE53v1PMy6YcGZvc8F3HMKdE_5PPoqCQevJYPOxPpLK9nSpTJK4HvnGCi6Kz4REdAVkbaUBKLj3VDlz3v9WQVC71EzL9tKJQ4cIt3YLylAe8zpkQE6SuXyNgkDqZ-ZcSAlUZGKYYIaZ4CZao7wP5DhoEUnekZM-ZbGl5FvkZPi0h4whXrm-_Xf5ltQDi4B861o87djrQrQ-Q0HQzK8z2T4dxb45xVHHCZ7aihChcjvv2iVsYe-68zHJm8pP5Jhm3soje8eLFLWf19IaglLpZCEA0Amqgi9HNAV8hx1wYSMKWdN8ec0PWi9-HAvmkcqD067hJfF7qlb6MVjqnE_y01pi0GiJmcDw232s6h3oc7WyQsjdA_Bz2dcSDFc=w1822-h1368-no

wGqr3Wsp31vi7ILR2

Upon our arrival to our room, THERE WERE OUR BAGS! I did not expect our luggage to arrive that early. We go into the room and we notice we are moving. WHAT!?!? We had no idea we had left port. CRAP! I hurried to hook up my GoPro Fusion (360 degree camera) to the balcony to start my timelapse. Then we enjoyed the balcony until we got a few miles from Miami. It was nice.

We unpacked, organized, tested the Internet and just ralexed until we went to dinner around 7pm. Dinner was great at Tropicana. We both had the New York Strip. I had the salad and cheese plate. I took a cool 360 pic at dinner, but not sure how it turned out yet. We also photo bombed a few tables. We want everyone to remember us years from now!

We proceeded to the shopping area, checked out the shops, checked out the atrium and then headed to Deck 15 to get ice and water in our cups. We also wanted some cheese and a couple of pieces of turkey as a snack later. We put them in a coffee cup so we didn’t have to use a giant plate for that small amount. As we are heading back to our room, one lady yells at my buddy and says “You have turkey in your cup???”. Hahaha that was great. She was beyond confused and couldn’t figure out our thought process.

We are now back in our room. He has to work from the ship so he will probably be going to bed soon and I’ll probably do some work on practicing editing these 360 pics or something.

That was actually our plan, but unfortunately, we had to get going so we had to miss it.

Wow, that is a shame.

Thanks for the pics, love the pic of you. Always nice to put a face to the author.

Can I bother you to tell me the weather? It was 51 with a bone chilling rain here. Don't know where June went. Can't wait to get to some warm weather

92 degrees in Savannah today! So, I am sure it is nice and toasty in the Caribbean.

Sorry for the delay. I'm hoping to do several posts and catch everyone up tonight or tomorrow morning. My roommate couldn't work from the ship due to the VPN issue (NCL didn't inform him to add the login page to his approved list) so we decided to cancel the internet. That lasted overnight and we were back at the Internet Cafe turning it back on. Does that say something about us now days unable to disconnect? *sigh*

Anyway, I'll try to catch all of you up. Those of you that asked for menu's and such, I will do my best to get images as I am out exploring. Please don't be upset if I miss anything or anyone.

One of you said you wanted to put a face with the poster. Here is one of me yesterday after the Meet and Mingle, which by the way was a BLAST and met some really cool people. More on that later.

r3Gv80cQvSJhwA686HxPRkEZZRgie01vepHq07pEP8XGlu4mTSVpNJcOXnieg0S0_Y16DnOqHGqzT_D65igIfG42SoKHmOe4X3ChnV1XpYyEtjT26wVif0SZp-H6v66TR4M0ON2UReuvQSfayMKhuKgJ0fE3479w98m-4xA9fUllQ_Cn1HJPXVmMFH04W0bWAf19LdgqW3DLHRqfimZ9JHtffHU6uhsu_vdR2Fu0RPMsL79JLBOWngNhVCG5m4ziEjBx-Rpt8K0F7v_pUPVnhbqJE32thplMTsFwILGihArZv1_y6e-VvzwmafAPyG-vPnDHo8w-TS5Qhhdn405DZmrOhQtcHfkKi330iV16lyklq8AJDst3ujdvSs1EuGBG9crNHKsNeCp72Mth48LcVUXIDaNj2P0Nnkph3QlDtvgNUcB8mzb00Ju4SMa1opC8nMmm9-7xZbdP7A4TmprnN6OVuTjFAKlBpiQIdjwt9_2gqrxET3BVmCGWPR2p65ZgYs2XdOzn2Nd4DxXU5LQT4_yHoXThhU5rF3Fyl95z-BJatxt6sCczU0dRV4IL-h-FWtYq4jAvaKhUiTKDUP70xYyADiSQbq0w44YFOWo=w1958-h1470-no

Sorry for the delay. I'm hoping to do several posts and catch everyone up tonight or tomorrow morning. My roommate couldn't work from the ship due to the VPN issue (NCL didn't inform him to add the login page to his approved list) so we decided to cancel the internet. That lasted overnight and we were back at the Internet Cafe turning it back on. Does that say something about us now days unable to disconnect? *sigh*

Anyway, I'll try to catch all of you up. Those of you that asked for menu's and such, I will do my best to get images as I am out exploring. Please don't be upset if I miss anything or anyone.

One of you said you wanted to put a face with the poster. Here is one of me yesterday after the Meet and Mingle, which by the way was a BLAST and met some really cool people. More on that later.

That was me, unfortunately no picture is showing. Thank you for trying!

Excited to hear your feedback! We have a group of 25 friends and family sailing out on June 17th! Will you be using the iConcierge app to text and communicate while onboard? I’ve read so many mixed reviews on it and with 25 people on the cruise, I’m wondering if it will work properly. If so, please let me know how it worked. Enjoy your cruise!

We have a family group of 10 sailing on the 17th also!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoying your review so far, but none of your photos are showing up on p.2. The ones from the beginning on p. 1 are though.

Thanks for sharing your Getaway experience with us. Have a great cruise!

What happened to this thread?

I was on board with you guys. :)

Mini suite room 11828.

I was wondering the same thing. I kept checking the whole cruise. Maybe he was having so much fun he didn’t have time to post. I know we had a great time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So about this image....

We couldn't figure out why the air conditioner would only stay on for 15 minutes at a time. We were roasting at night. So, with 2 days left of the cruise we call the front desk and ask them. They said if you hit the "snowflake", it is a timer. Just turn down the temp, but don't hit that snow flake. REALLY!?!?!?

Needless to say, once we figured that out, we both agree that it was the best air conditioning system we've ever had on a cruise in a balcony room. In fact, we got too cold.

2ai3qys.jpg

hahaha it was crazy. i kept trying to get back on to post and just never made it. my apologies guys. today i'm back at work and trying to get caught up with work but plan on trying to post over the next few days. yes, i'm a slacker SIGH

Glad to see you back on!

I figured you were having too much fun!! Good for you!

Seminole!!! I was thinking about you when I was at the Million Dollar Quartet show! Is your son still performing? We were on the ship together a couple of years ago when he first started.

Seminole!!! I was thinking about you when I was at the Million Dollar Quartet show! Is your son still performing? We were on the ship together a couple of years ago when he first started.

Hi!! Yes he is on his third contract. (He did MDQ on land as well. He was in Phoenix for 2 months) He and the new cast boarded last week. 6 months on 6 months off. He says this cast is fabulous! Everyone is in for a real treat! Extremely talented musicians, singers and actors.

When did you cruise last? We went on the Baltic cruise in September 2017.

Hi!! Yes he is on his third contract. (He did MDQ on land as well. He was in Phoenix for 2 months) He and the new cast boarded last week. 6 months on 6 months off. He says this cast is fabulous! Everyone is in for a real treat! Extremely talented musicians, singers and actors.

When did you cruise last? We went on the Baltic cruise in September 2017.

So glad he is still on, saw him in the Baltics in August, taking the whole family onboard this August. Can't wait for them to see the show!

So glad he is still on, saw him in the Baltics in August, taking the whole family onboard this August. Can't wait for them to see the show!

Wonderful! The actors who play Johnny Cash (Will) and Jerry Lee Lewis (Jared) are also back again. Elvis will be different. Enjoy! We are going on the Getaway again in October. Already excited!