Are sold out really sold out?

Shynook11

I know this is a really dumb question....but if the Havens are listed as sold out, is that accurate? Just checking as it looks like there is 1 Aft pent available on our cruise (not interested in the forward, it shows available but doesn't show cabin #) and nothing higher. Figuring out that our upgrade chances are pretty much nada. I mean, there's not much that can happen if there's nothing to move up the other Haven categories. Am I right? I see spa Havens listed as not available everytime I look, maybe the Escape doesn't have those? We sail next Sunday...I am sure someone will buy the 1 aft cabin by then. Just wondering if there was a sliver of hope I am missing.

If you really want it, pay for the upgrade now. Yes, sold out means sold out. And yes, someone will likely pay for that suite. If not, there are 100's of people that are hoping the same way you are for their bid to be accepted. If it will make or break your vacation, upgrade. If you are happy where you are at, then keep going with the bid system, but accept that likely you will be in your booked cabin. Either way I'm sure you will have a great vacation!!

Ty! I would love an aft Haven However not for 7500 more than I paid. I’m good. :). Always looking for an upgrade bargain. It will be amazing even in a mini

None of us can answer your question. We would all love to have a haven but most of us do not want or can not afford them. So, all you can do is bid, like you apparently have and wait to see.

I know this is a really dumb question....but if the Havens are listed as sold out, is that accurate? Just checking as it looks like there is 1 Aft pent available on our cruise (not interested in the forward, it shows available but doesn't show cabin #) and nothing higher. Figuring out that our upgrade chances are pretty much nada. I mean, there's not much that can happen if there's nothing to move up the other Haven categories. Am I right? I see spa Havens listed as not available everytime I look, maybe the Escape doesn't have those? We sail next Sunday...I am sure someone will buy the 1 aft cabin by then. Just wondering if there was a sliver of hope I am missing.

There is no way for you to know if sold out really means that there are no cabins available in a particular category unless you have access to NCL's database. What the public can see and what NCL can see may or may not be the same. Of course there is hope, you have no idea of what may happen in a week.

One thing to remember is to always book the category that you will be happy with, and then if you get an upgrade it is simply a bonus.

There are spa suites on Escape. Any category that says 'not available" won't fit the number of people you have.

Sold out is sold out.

I'm not sure why the one forward room won't show a room number - it has been that way the last few days. Typically when that happens it is either a glitch in their system or they are moving people around. That being said, since it has shown the category but not the room number thinking it is a glitch.

Things happen up until the very end, especially with the upgrade system. It might look like your category is all sold out, but then cabins start to open up as soon as someone upgrades. The only time I might believe a category to be truly sold out is with the very top category. Until then, folks can keep upgrading and there are always last minute cancellations. Things happen.