Suites on Deck 10 Majesty of the Seas

It looks like Deck 10 houses all the Grand level and higher Suites AND that puts us all right below Windjammer???? Although that will make Windjammer convenient, won't it be very noisy?!?!? Is that really where they put their costliest rooms? We are in room 1532. I know, I know - supposed to look at these things BEFORE I book but I'm a newbie here!!!

It looks like Deck 10 houses all the Grand level and higher Suites AND that puts us all right below Windjammer???? Although that will make Windjammer convenient, won't it be very noisy?!?!? Is that really where they put their costliest rooms? We are in room 1532. I know, I know - supposed to look at these things BEFORE I book but I'm a newbie here!!!

That's fairly common on a lot of Royal ships, the top deck having most of the suites, or mostly suites. I had one on deck 10 of Majesty, but that was aft, not a bad spot.

Very surprised to find both the Royal Suite and the Owner's Suite right next to me fore of the ship. I'm hoping this isn't yet another mistake I will come to rue!!!

And according to my reading of the deck plans, there are no other suites on her besides those in the front on Deck 10. Deck 10 aft is Adventure Ocean, a change from when you sailed perhaps?

Very surprised to find both the Royal Suite and the Owner's Suite right next to me fore of the ship. I'm hoping this isn't yet another mistake I will come to rue!!!

And according to my reading of the deck plans, there are no other suites on her besides those in the front on Deck 10. Deck 10 aft is Adventure Ocean, a change from when you sailed perhaps?

All JS's, 52 I think are also on deck 10.

We've been up in the GS's on Majesty more than once, and even though we knew that the WJ was there, I never really noticed it. It's better than being under the pool, as the carpet deadens a lot of the sound.

I guess I just don't understand why you would not put the costliest rooms in the best location. Is there something else about the fore area of deck ten that makes it desirable? Or am I just obsessing over nothing? (always a distinct possibility)

I guess I just don't understand why you would not put the costliest rooms in the best location. Is there something else about the fore area of deck ten that makes it desirable? Or am I just obsessing over nothing? (always a distinct possibility)

Other ships have suites all over, so maybe this (best staterooms are the highest) started a long time ago and is slowly dying out. This is one reason we like Voyager/Freedom class because we can get JS staterooms on deck 9. Oasis class has JS staterooms on several decks.

Other ships have suites all over, so maybe this (best staterooms are the highest) started a long time ago and is slowly dying out. This is one reason we like Voyager/Freedom class because we can get JS staterooms on deck 9. Oasis class has JS staterooms on several decks.

Amen to this! Love the deck 9 Junior Suites. (This from someone who has had some bad nights in cabins under the pool.)

For the record, I had have GS's on the Majesty. I like the ones closest to the start of the Junior Suites, but haven't had problems because of the Windjammer.

Not to mention GS cabins on Oasis from deck 14 to deck 6. ;)

I had considered splurging on a Med cruise that was on the Jewel. But the fact that every suite is under common areas turned us away. I greatly desire having staterooms both above and below us because of noise. You can always get a noisy neighbor, but the common areas are generally a guarantee of it.

We'll likely just go with a regular balcony.

We were recently on the Majesty in GS 1034 and yes you can hear noise. In most instances it was early, before they opened for breakfast & sounded like carts being moved. Not too bad, but if you are a light sleeper you may want to consider ear plugs. As an early riser it was not a problem for me & my DH and DD can sleep through anything.

I had considered splurging on a Med cruise that was on the Jewel. But the fact that every suite is under common areas turned us away. I greatly desire having staterooms both above and below us because of noise. You can always get a noisy neighbor, but the common areas are generally a guarantee of it.

We'll likely just go with a regular balcony.

Have been on all three sisters of the Radiance series....many times. Never had a problem with noise in the suites. And I am a very light sleeper.