ms Westerdam in Juneau June 13, 2018

Scrapnana

Westerdam will be at the CT dock from 1000-2200.

The weather is not going to be quite as nice as Tuesday but still better than the usual Juneau weather. There is a 20% chance of rain and it should be mostly cloudy. High will be 64F/18C and the low 48F/9C. Sunrise is at 3:52 am and sunset at 10:05 pm.

Also in port are Golden Princess at the FKL dock (0630-1600), Crystal Symphony at the AJ dock (0800-2200), and Emerald Princess at the AS dock (1230-2200).

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up: Noordam on Thursday.

Can't find Westerdam on marine traffic. Thinking she might be the "Passenger Vessel" about halfway up the Glass Peninsula.

Westerdam and Emerald are both showing at the bottom of Baranoff Island about 5-6 hours ago. Golden is docked and Crystal Symphony (you bet I'm watching) is heading south around Douglas Island. I think the "Passenger Vessel" has to be either Westerdam and Emerald and my money is on Westerdam.

Oops, I'm changing my guess. At last AIS report Emerald was at 22 kt and Westie at 18, and the port seems to like having the AS ship arrive first.

Roy

Westerdam and Emerald are both showing at the bottom of Baranoff Island about 5-6 hours ago. Golden is docked and Crystal Symphony (you bet I'm watching) is heading south around Douglas Island. I think the "Passenger Vessel" has to be either Westerdam and Emerald and my money is on Westerdam.

Oops, I'm changing my guess. At last AIS report Emerald was at 22 kt and Westie at 18, and the port seems to like having the AS ship arrive first.

Roy

Since Emerald isn't scheduled until 2 1/2 hour after Westie, that's really early.

That's even earlier than our ships scheduled for 8am on Thursday - show up at 6 am.

Scrapnana, while there's a zoom note the exterior staircase leading up to what would be "your" deck. Prinsendam has similar stairs so you will have quick access to the lower promenade deck.

Roy

Roy,

Do you have a favorite cabin on Crystal?

Not a single one on either ship. On the Serenity (now in Europe) there are a number of cabins on the Promenade deck that are behind the stowed gangway. It's flat and really a minimal obstruction. This is an example:

3s7061view.jpg

On the Symphony there are a number of cabins below lifeboats that are just a little restricted but still offer pretty nice views. Here a sample: This one is actually behind one of the fast rescue boats:

p8064view.jpg