Le Grand Bistro scrapped on Edge , Le Petit Chef permanently replacing.

Tarwood3

** Just got a call from Celebrity. Apparently they are no longer going to have Le Grand Bistro on the Edge. It will be permanently replaced with Le Petit Chef. Originally , they would share the space, but I guess its been overwhelmingly popular on test cruises that they have made the change. So we had booked Le Grand Bistro on the Maiden Voyage and they needed to cancel and re book if we were still interested in Le Petit Bistro and best part is that they are honoring the $25per person price from Le Grand Bistro when you switch to LPC for those who booked in advance.

** Just got a call from Celebrity. Apparently they are no longer going to have Le Grand Bistro on the Edge. It will be permanently replaced with Le Petit Chef. Originally , they would share the space, but I guess its been overwhelmingly popular on test cruises that they have made the change. So we had booked Le Grand Bistro on the Maiden Voyage and they needed to cancel and re book if we were still interested in Le Petit Bistro and best part is that they are honoring the $25per person price from Le Grand Bistro when you switch to LPC for those who booked in advance.

It came up on my Cruise Planner a couple of days ago so I booked it and canceled Le Grand Bistro. I wonder if they will credit me the difference since I did it on my own? That must be why there were two calls from Celebrity today - one message saying that they had to talk to me about a dining reservation and another saying never mind, you already have Le Petit Chef booked. I'll call them back.

Did they say that they weren't going to have Le Grand Bistro at all for breakfast and lunch? I hope they don't completely get rid of Le Grand Bistro.

Thanks for posting. I will place a link on the Edge Forum or you may want to move this thread over there. :D

Thanks!

I may be wrong, but this seems like one of those concepts that will be wildly popular, and then quickly gone. I could see trying it once, but with such limited choice I can’t see myself going back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It came up on my Cruise Planner a couple of days ago so I booked it and canceled Le Grand Bistro. I wonder if they will credit me the difference since I did it on my own? That must be why there were two calls from Celebrity today - one message saying that they had to talk to me about a dining reservation and another saying never mind, you already have Le Petit Chef booked. I'll call them back.

Did they say that they weren't going to have Le Grand Bistro at all for breakfast and lunch? I hope they don't completely get rid of Le Grand Bistro.

Thanks for posting. I will place a link on the Edge Forum or you may want to move this thread over there. :D

Thanks!

Sorry...I didnt ask about breakfast or lunch. Actually I’m assuming it s only dinner that is affected since it is now called Le Petit Chef at Le Grand Bistro. They didnt re book the right time for me when I got the confirmation email...I wanted to keep my 8pm...they put me in at 6. I emailed them as I didnt want to do anything in cruise planner and then lose my $25 special!

This is very disappointing as I was really looking forward to Le Grand Bistro and really have little interest in LPC.

Hopefully it will still be open for lunch. I really liked the menus that were posted.

Mike

First off I have a B2B cruise on the Edge during March 2019. I didn’t receive a call and actually didn’t know or care about the dining venues, options. 🤗

Thinking about this I may consider canceling those cruises because I wasn’t called and the only reason that I booked them was because of those dining options that I never knew about or even considered.

Just take this post as a a lot about nothing and a waste of my time and your s for reading it .

You really have to know me to understand my humor and attitude. My signature should be a clue.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌊🌅

First off I have a B2B cruise on the Edge during March 2019. I didn’t receive a call and actually didn’t know or care about the dining venues, options. 🤗

Thinking about this I may consider canceling those cruises because I wasn’t called and the only reason that I booked them was because of those dining options that I never knew about or even considered.

Just take this post as a a lot about nothing and a waste of my time and your s for reading it .

You really have to know me to understand my humor and attitude. My signature should be a clue.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌊🌅

In the same vein: I really look forward to not sailing with you! ;p

Ugh!!! I really hope that celebrity has not just gotten rid of Le Grand Bistro for breakfast and lunch. It gave an alternative option for breakfast and lunch, and I was excited about the menu. The concept seemed great because it was multi functional and not just a "dinner venue." Le Petit Chef, will be a one and done for most of us.

Ugh!!! I really hope that celebrity has not just gotten rid of Le Grand Bistro for breakfast and lunch. It gave an alternative option for breakfast and lunch, and I was excited about the menu. The concept seemed great because it was multi functional and not just a "dinner venue." Le Petit Chef, will be a one and done for most of us.

Especially since you can literally only eat at it once per cruise!

I called X and since I had a Le Grand Bistro dinner reservation for that same night they did refund $60 so that we get to do Le Petit Chef for $25 each. :D

The rep said that it would still remain a French bistro during the day, with breakfast and lunch.

Thanks, Tarwood3, for the heads up - you saved me $60! :cool:

The rep said that it would still remain a French bistro during the day, with breakfast and lunch.

Well that's good news. I don't typically put a lot of stock in what the "reps" say - but in this case it does make sense.

Mike

Well that's good news. I don't typically put a lot of stock in what the "reps" say - but in this case it does make sense.

Mike

I know - this one asked around to make sure. I still have an email out to double check with Celebrity dining.