Tips

FLOURTOWN

We always pre-pay the Daily Service Charge (DSC) and give cash with a thank you note to anyone we feel has gone out of their way for us or done something to enhance our trip. It keeps our final bill low & ensures everyone behind the scenes is properly compensated.

Once the DSC is paid, you are not obligated to tip any further. That said, we always tip an additional dollar for our UBP drinks & usually give our cabin steward & one or two favorite servers something extra.

Thank you, yes I remember now how it worked. It’s been a few years since we cruised and I wasn’t sure if it’s the same on NCL as other cruise lines.

We normally tip extra , the steward especially... I used to be in the service industry a long time ago and I remember a little extra makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do. You never have to pay a gratuity. You do have to pay a service charge that goes to NCL. Soon, it will be rolled into the daily fares and all this harping will go away.

Spoken like someone who hasn't frequented 'all-inclusive resort's boards, where despite the fact that gratuities are included in the price, the tipping arguments are just as virulent as here.

You do. You never have to pay a gratuity. You do have to pay a service charge that goes to NCL. Soon, it will be rolled into the daily fares and all this harping will go away.

That would be the best IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for that. We're leaving tomorrow to visit your country and everything I found was that tipping is done in the UK, but not at the amounts expected in the US. I would feel awful if I listened to those from the UK that claim tipping isn't done.

We have been in London for one month visiting my daughter who lives here now before going on our cruise from Southampton. I assure you tipping is done. 12.5% in restaurants. Most high end restaurants include it in your bill.

We never pay the service charge. We just remove it and tip as we go. The others can subsidize the billion dollar company if they want. We have other charities to give to.

Touché! Well said.