14 Day Baltic Cruise on Pacific Princess

cfgrandma

We are cruise to the Baltics on the Pacific Princess on September 10, 2018.

We have splurged on a suite for our first time on such a small ship and I would like to pre-order a Ultimate Balcony Dinner for us to enjoy one evening.

Sept 10 - Dover - embarkation

Sept 11 - Sea Day

Sept 12 - Copenhagen - 10:00am - 11:00pm

Sept 13 - At Sea

Sept 14 - Riga - 7:00am -3:00pm

Sept 15 - Tallinn

Edited by cfgrandma
Was not finished with post

We are cruising to the Baltics on the Pacific Princess - September 10, 2018.

We have splurged on a suite for our first time on such a small ship and I would like to pre-order an Ultimate Balcony Dinner for us to enjoy one evening. Does anyone have past experience with which nights were Formal Nights (3 formal 11 smart casual). We like to dress up and go to the Dining Room on Formal Nights.

Sept 11 - Sea Day

Sept 12 - Copenhagen - 10:00 am - 11:00 pm

Sept 13 - At Sea

Sept 14 - Riga - 7:00 am -3:00 pm

Sept 15 - Tallinn - 9:30 am - 5:00 pm

Sept 16 - St Petersburg - 7:00 am Overnight

Sept 17 - St Petersburg - sail away 6:00 pm

Sept 18 - Helsinki - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Sept 19 - Stockholm - 9:00 am Overnight

Sept 20 - Stockholm - sail away 6:00 pm

Sept 21 - At Sea

Sept 22 - Kiel Canal Scenic Cruising 6:00 am - 4:00 pm

Sept 23 - Amsterdam - 10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Sept 24 - Dover - Disembark

Thank you for any help you can give us. We are really getting excited to see all of the beautiful ports and experience cruising on the Pacific Princess.

Carolyn

Sacramento, CA

Does anyone have past experience with which nights were Formal Nights (3 formal 11 smart casual).

Sept 11 - Sea Day

Sept 13 - At Sea

Sept 21 - At Sea

Thank you for any help you can give us. We are really getting excited to see all of the beautiful ports and experience cruising on the Pacific Princess.

Good chance that two of them will be Sept.11 and Sept. 21, both being sea days.

• 3 weeks later...

We have splurged on a suite for our first time on such a small ship and I would like to pre-order an Ultimate Balcony Dinner for us to enjoy one evening. Does anyone have past experience with which nights were Formal Nights (3 formal 11 smart casual). We like to dress up and go to the Dining Room on Formal Nights.

Sept 11 - Sea Day

Sept 13 - At Sea

Sept 21 - At Sea

Carolyn

Sacramento, CA

Hey, Carolyn,

You are in for a treat. The Pacific is such a lovely ship and I hope you fall in love with her the way we did. We took her on this cruise and it was such fun.

The at sea days will be your formal dinners, so it you don't want to miss that, I would suggest either the sail away from St. Petersburg or Helsinki. The Kiel Canal was pretty, but I can't remember it being really picturesque sailing out of it.

Have a lovely, lovely time on our favorite ship!

Hey, Carolyn,

You are in for a treat. The Pacific is such a lovely ship and I hope you fall in love with her the way we did. We took her on this cruise and it was such fun.

The at sea days will be your formal dinners, so it you don't want to miss that, I would suggest either the sail away from St. Petersburg or Helsinki. The Kiel Canal was pretty, but I can't remember it being really picturesque sailing out of it.

Have a lovely, lovely time on our favorite ship!

Thank you,

I thought that the sea days might be the formal nights. Did the Pacific Princess have the Chef's Table Dinner? I haven't seen it on My Personalizer so am not sure that it is held on the Pacific.

The other evening I am considering for the UBD is the evening we are docked overnight in Stockholm. What is the port area like? I think that we are scheduled to be docked at the Frihamnen Dock.

Carolyn

Thank you,

I thought that the sea days might be the formal nights. Did the Pacific Princess have the Chef's Table Dinner? I haven't seen it on My Personalizer so am not sure that it is held on the Pacific.

The other evening I am considering for the UBD is the evening we are docked overnight in Stockholm. What is the port area like? I think that we are scheduled to be docked at the Frihamnen Dock.

Carolyn

She does have Chef's Table. The best thing to do is for you or your hubby to go straight to the dining room once you've boarded and put in your request with Oscar. They work really hard to make sure everyone who asks gets a chance to experience it.

I remember the port of Stockholm to be very nice. There was a grocery store just as you come out. If you like checking out grocery stores, it was fun. There were also ATMs there. I remember it being open, very clean, and walkable. We didn't overnight there, unfortunately, as it's a lovely city and everyone was so friendly! We went to the Museum of Music to see the ABBA special exhibit and then took a Ho-Ho bus. Definitely the way to see the city.

Charlie

We are cruise to the Baltics on the Pacific Princess on September 10, 2018.

We have splurged on a suite for our first time on such a small ship and I would like to pre-order a Ultimate Balcony Dinner for us to enjoy one evening.

Sept 11 - Sea Day

Sept 12 - Copenhagen - 10:00am - 11:00pm

Sept 13 - At Sea

Sept 14 - Riga - 7:00am -3:00pm

Sept 15 - Tallinn

We have spent 40 days in 6091 and 6088 the best OS on the ship.

You will be given dinning room menus each day to order in room which we did many time and with those huge balconies enjoyed the ultimate dinners

Hello

My husband and I did this cruise in 9/15 on the Pacific. It is on the list of our top 5 best cruises.

We love the Pacific as well and will be on her after your cruise.

You probably have your tours already booked through Princess but I do want to mention who we used for our tours. A company called SPB tours, home office in Russia and owned by a woman named Victoria. www.spb-tours.com. They were amazing, very small groups, sometimes just us and other times maybe 12. The great thing about them is it cost us 1/2 of what the Princess tours cost.

You can book multiple tours in various cities on your itinerary and you get additional discounts.

We were the last Baltic cruise of the season and we were able to meet Victoria and some of the other staff.

We especially loved Alex who did our St. Petersburg 2 day tour. He was a talking history book with his knowledge of St. Petersburg amazing. They were all very courteous, vey much aware of our time frames and so very knowledgeable. I just can't say enough about them.

We talked with some passengers that had taken the ships tours, esp. St. Petersburg and they were a bit unhappy with the large amount of people on the tours. Some had even been told they could only take ship tours. Not true.

So just wanted to let you know about this company for what it's worth and the fact that is was so much less expensive and so much better.

Nan

Thank you to all of you who have commented and appreciate the love shown for the Pacific . We will be in OS #7114 and are very much looking forward to the wrap around balcony, suite breakfasts and the Club Class Dining.

We selected this Baltic Cruise because of the Pacific Princess. We prefer the smaller ships and felt that the Pacific would be a fantastic ship to do the Baltic.

We will be sure to look for Oscar in the Dining Room when we board to sign up for the Chef''s Table. I am probably going to reserve our UBD for the evening we are docked overnight in Stockholm as I have been looking at the average temperatures for mid September and see that they are in the 50s. I think we would have a better chance of being able to have dinner on our balcony if we are docked.

We have booked our 2 day St Petersburg tours with Alla Tours and are trying to arrange some private tours with them in some of our other ports with our Roll Call group. We much prefer the small private group tours over ship tours.

Happy Cruising to all of you,

Carolyn & Dick

Sacramento, CA

On Pacific Princess, specialty dining is different. When we were there earlier this year, Sabatini's was two consecutive nights and then it shifted to the Grill (Sterling Steakhouse) for two nights. You need to wait until you board to make any reservation for this ship.

Jim