Cooler Backpack

charisma71

Will this be allowed? Wondered if anyone has brought something similar before. Its a cooler, but also a backpack. Its a bit larger than the 12x12x12 rule. I called Carnival and was told yes it would be fine. But I'm worried it will just depend on who is checking. I emailed Carnival also so if they said yes I could have it in writing but not sure I will get a reply before we leave this week.

10506164.jpg

How much larger than the 12x12x12 rule? I've seen too many coolers tossed in a pile - I'm not sure I'd believe what someone on the phone at Carnival said - Carnival is not the ones at the port. If it's just a tiny bit above 12" maybe... if it's several inches then no, I wouldn't try it unless I wouldn't mind it being left behind in a pile and I had another way of carrying whatever is inside.

How much larger than the 12x12x12 rule? I've seen too many coolers tossed in a pile - I'm not sure I'd believe what someone on the phone at Carnival said - Carnival is not the ones at the port. If it's just a tiny bit above 12" maybe... if it's several inches then no, I wouldn't try it unless I wouldn't mind it being left behind in a pile and I had another way of carrying whatever is inside.

Online it says Cooler measures 11" Length x 7" Width x 14" Height in one comment then in another is says 24" by 18" x 9. So I'm not really sure :(

I ordered it and it will be in a few days.

I saw four or five different people carrying cooler backpacks on the Glory a couple weeks ago. They were getting off the ship on port days. All of them much taller than 12 inches. I guess if you put other stuff in it on embarkation day, it serves as a carry-on and isn't much different than a regular backpack.

Hi

I can't see it being a problem. Like you said, it's a backpack. The fact that it doubles as a cooler is irrelevant. It doesn't even look like it's hard sided. You can fold it up and put it in your checked bag at embarkation.

have a great cruise

We just put our collapsible cooler into our luggage. Then after we board we fill it with the waters we ordered ahead of time ($4.50 per 12 pack) and ask the cabin steward to keep it iced down. It’s great for keeping hydrated by the pool or while in port. :)

• 4 months later...
have one in the 24 pack size by Polar Beers like these types https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-backpack-coolers/ I have only had it a little while and bought for a trip to Gulf Shores to carry back and forth to the beach. Ice retention is as advertised, even out in the sun we would still have ice left over the next day (I rarely put the full 10lbs in). 24 hours is the max though, especially this time of year. Loaded down with ice and 24 cold ones it is HEAVY, as to be expected. The shoulder strap for this size cooler could use some padding. Durability: no loose stitching, easy to clean, no leaks (except the zipper if you tump it over. Customer service with them is also very good. I was emailed to be notified the color I wanted was out of stock and was offered a refund. Of course I didn't take it as I wanted the cooler. I was updated every step of the way to when I would get it, so I have no doubt they will also stand behind it.

Dan T is offline  Reply With Quote Back To The Top