Divina YC suite

skivoodoo

We have sailed in the YC on Divina before but on deck 15. We booked deck 16- Suite 16019 for our next cruise.Has anyone had thus suite? I’m a little concerned about noise from the pool deck above. For those that have been on deck 16, did you have issues with noise?

I’m a very light sleeper. Ugh!

We too were on 16 and had 2 cabins - 16008 and 16033. No noise whatever. I'd be more concerned with 16001-16006 as those are closer to actually being under and a bit forward of the pool. The port side of deck 18 was pretty empty most of the time and the other side has the bar but we never had anyone moving chairs around early in the a.m. making noise.

I've looked up our cabin, one of ours was 16013 and checked with DH, who confirms we didn't experience any noise from above or any where else.

We'd avoided 15 as I'd been concerned with noise in the corridors and footfall to the Top Sail lounge and concierge . There's always the option of taking ear plugs just in case. Hope you have a great and quiet cruise.

My only issue would be calling those YC1 cabins.."suites." Size wise they are relatively normal cabins. MSC uses the "suite" term somewhat loosely :).

Hank

I agree with you that they use the term loosely but not more than other lines.

For most lines "suite" is more about the perks than about the room.

My only issue would be calling those YC1 cabins.."suites." Size wise they are relatively normal cabins. MSC uses the "suite" term somewhat loosely :).

Hank

If I had one gripe with MSC, and I do, is their suites are too small. Most are about the size of a mini-suite on NCL. If anything, offer more larger sized rooms, at least more than 2 royals on the ship.

If I had one gripe with MSC, and I do, is their suites are too small. Most are about the size of a mini-suite on NCL. If anything, offer more larger sized rooms, at least more than 2 royals on the ship.

Not really relevant to the OP's question. NCL suites are larger but the cost is higher, value for money per sq meter is greater on MSC.

Not really relevant to the OP's question. NCL suites are larger but the cost is higher, value for money per sq meter is greater on MSC.

The Haven suite we had was a but larger than the Divina, but I agree the cost compared to the square feet of the total area is a greater value on MSC. On the Escape we almost forgot we were ar sea due to the interior design of the Haven.

We have sailed in the YC on Divina before but on deck 15. We booked deck 16- Suite 16019 for our next cruise.Has anyone had thus suite? I’m a little concerned about noise from the pool deck above. For those that have been on deck 16, did you have issues with noise?

I’m a very light sleeper. Ugh!

You could sleep NEXT TO the YC pool on Divina and probably not be disturbed! The YC pool is sedate, with no social gatherings or late night revelers in my two experiences.