Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

I chose the outside one facing the aft. There is a window on the sides of the balconies of the two end S3’s. I wanted the extra view - I figured the aft one would have less wind when we are moving.

Which decks are available? That may be more important. 😃

Decks 8 and 10 are available. Thanks for your explanation, I wasn't aware of the extra view!

Hi all. Is it still ok to ask where my cabin is? We’re in 7102. MC side or not? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have one of the intriguing deluxe oceanview with veranda that has the porthole veranda. Looks like a nice view up there - I'm wondering if you will be able to see forward when you lean out of your balcony. :D

enhance

Decks 8 and 10 are available. Thanks for your explanation, I wasn't aware of the extra view!

8 or 10 are probably both fine - 10 will be closer to the MC when it is on 14 at the pool - may get noisy with music playing. On 8 you will be closer to the MC when parked on 5, but will likely be quieter as a restaurant (and may be there less than at the pool). I went with 9 since it was in the middle of those two stops. :D

Here is a picture that shows the windows in the sides of the S3 balconies - they look the same on the aft side. I'm not sure if they close or not.

enhance

Please add us, Cabin 8184. Thank you.

A nice central location with a firewall on one side (likely quieter). You are far away enough from the Magic Carpet to not have it pass over your cabin when it moves, but close enough to see all the action! You should be able to get some great videos! :D

enhance

You have one of the intriguing deluxe oceanview with veranda that has the porthole veranda. Looks like a nice view up there - I'm wondering if you will be able to see forward when you lean out of your balcony. :D

enhance

Thank you for the picture! One question - does this mean our veranda won’t open to fresh ocean air? Will it be walled in with a porthole? Very confused. Thanks, as always, for all your help.

I had a similar question.. is it a true veranda or like a french balcony that you cannot go out on? Interesting location...

Also still wondering about the nearby tall pole(?) A few cabins to the left..what is it, does it move? As shown it blocks views of 4 cabins going vertical....

I am pretty sure that the A1 cabins have an open veranda.... with a sliding glass door into the cabin. The round porthole shape... is open ... unlike regular balconies that stick out this one is tucked into the structure of the ship. It is more like a regular balcony cabin than the IV cabins are.

Thank you for the picture! One question - does this mean our veranda won’t open to fresh ocean air? Will it be walled in with a porthole? Very confused. Thanks, as always, for all your help.

Yes, you will have a 40 sq ft veranda with sliding doors like a traditional balcony. The interesting part will be the round opening at the rail, instead of rectangular. My feeling is that they are bigger than they appear (like the infinite verandas look like they are just windows until you are inside looking out, as we've seen in the animations and it feels more like a balcony).

In my opinion, these will be a nice way for people to get a traditional veranda (with a non-traditional opening) on the Edge at a more reasonable price. It is too bad that they misrepresent them in the cabin renditions - I have yet to find a picture with the round opening. I think a lot of people will be surprised.

I will be in one on Nov 27th and will post lots of pictures!! :D

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b53ecc6b#/b53ecc6b/54

Check out page 54 of this brochure.... at the bottom of the page the 1A (sorry I said A1 above)..... you will see that these are the few regular veranda cabins.... the only difference is the round opening instead of ... say a rectangular opening.

Thank you! While I am sure many others will review this cabin before I do, I will definitely write a review about my February 3 sailing and make sure to comment about the room itself as well as the voyage and ship at large.

I had a similar question.. is it a true veranda or like a french balcony that you cannot go out on? Interesting location...

Also still wondering about the nearby tall pole(?) A few cabins to the left..what is it, does it move? As shown it blocks views of 4 cabins going vertical....

hcat: The pole thing looks like a window washer or some other piece of equipment on a rail. In this blow up at least, it appears like it is on a rail.

Alicia: You can see your sliders in this blow up. :D

enhance

Please add me - 9180. Hoping bed is not by the veranda.

Here is your S2 location. Looks like a great spot! We can't really tell where the bed is in these sky suites - the press releases and X reps say they all will face the ocean, but the renditions show some of them against a side wall. The good news is that none appear to be near the balcony.

enhance

Here is a supposed rendition for the S2's:

73-1.jpg

? this will be what it looks like?

edge-class-suite-sky-suite-378x220.jpg?width=378&height=220&ext=.jpg

These are what the other renditions look like (but reps say all Sky Suite beds face the ocean):

aft S1:

73-2.jpg

S3:

72-6.jpg

No matter where the bed is facing, I have a feeling that these will be great staterooms. :D

hcat: The pole thing looks like a window washer or some other piece of equipment on a rail. In this blow up at least, it appears like it is on a rail.

Alicia: You can see your sliders in this blow up. :D

enhance

Very cool! Thank you!

Yes, you will have a 40 sq ft veranda with sliding doors like a traditional balcony. The interesting part will be the round opening at the rail, instead of rectangular. My feeling is that they are bigger than they appear (like the infinite verandas look like they are just windows until you are inside looking out, as we've seen in the animations and it feels more like a balcony).

In my opinion, these will be a nice way for people to get a traditional veranda (with a non-traditional opening) on the Edge at a more reasonable price. It is too bad that they misrepresent them in the cabin renditions - I have yet to find a picture with the round opening. I think a lot of people will be surprised.

I will be in one on Nov 27th and will post lots of pictures!! :D

Thought so..this seems like the sheltered balcony concept on QM 2.. you get a balcony but a rectangular cutout on the hull..not as open air as other balcs.. but a good price

Thanks so much for the location picture, VTcruising (somehow I can’t seem to reply with quote). A really big splurge - first suite in over 12 years since I go solo. Have great memories of my upgrade to an RS on the Century many years ago.

Thanks so much for the location picture, VTcruising (somehow I can’t seem to reply with quote). A really big splurge - first suite in over 12 years since I go solo. Have great memories of my upgrade to an RS on the Century many years ago.

You will be pampered. I met someone on a cruise who always cruised solo in suites and was so pampered by the butler and concierge. :D

VT you have identified so many cabins.... perhaps these photos should be added to spreadsheet on cabin info. Not sure how that could be done... but perhaps as data comes in there can be a link on spreadsheet to an image or group of cabins to an image.... just a thought. Nice if people could include any view they have from the cabin.

VT you have identified so many cabins.... perhaps these photos should be added to spreadsheet on cabin info. Not sure how that could be done... but perhaps as data comes in there can be a link on spreadsheet to an image or group of cabins to an image.... just a thought. Nice if people could include any view they have from the cabin.

I planned to have a way for linking some photos of their cabins (I would like a link in the spreadsheet) - interesting idea to have the exterior pictures from this thread...:D

When ever I am on a cruise... I like to look at the ship from the outside to try to figure out where my cabin is... exactly... a bit OCD... That is why I thought adding links to those shots might be useful to people like me...