Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

That's an interesting location. It will be nice to be on the end and only have a cabin on one side and it looks like you don't have anyone above you (and of course, you will have all the AQ benefits!).

Are those vents next to your cabin? You will have to ask the cabin attendant and report back to us. You will be leaving the ship as I board on the 20th. :D

enhance

I will report back . We will be seeing the Edge the week before as we cross paths with her in Cozumel and Costa Maya as we cruise on the Independence of the Seas.

vtcruising, thanks for all the info you’ve passed on and the highlighting cabins. I’m pretty sure we are both on the January 20th cruise together. It looks like you’ve got the same S1 in December as we have on the 1/20 cruise, deck 11 aft starboard. Can’t wait to read your reviews of the ship and that cabin.

Thanks for all the info you’ve shared on many threads here on “Closer to the Edge. I’m sure most will agree you’ve done a stellar job.:)

Katie.

vtcruising, thanks for all the info you’ve passed on and the highlighting cabins. I’m pretty sure we are both on the January 20th cruise together. It looks like you’ve got the same S1 in December as we have on the 1/20 cruise, deck 11 aft starboard. Can’t wait to read your reviews of the ship and that cabin.

Thanks for all the info you’ve shared on many threads here on “Closer to the Edge. I’m sure most will agree you’ve done a stellar job.:)

Katie.

I'm very excited about seeing that S1 in December (its location is my favorite of the aft S1's - hopefully my gut feeling will pan out). I also wanted it for the Jan 20th cruise, but glad it is going to a fellow Cruise Critic cruiser. :D I will be 2 decks below you on that cruise - I'm sure we will be happy there too.

Maybe we will see you onboard. :D

We just switched from 10209 (bed next to veranda) for 9237 (bed closer to bath.) At least I think that is correct. :confused::eek:

We normally like the bed next to the veranda and why we originally booked that configuration when the ship bookings first became available. After reading, and seeing how the bed next to the bath opens up the living area to the veranda area (when opened), we decided to switch configurations. Have looked for quite a while for something to become available. The new stateroom popped up last night. :D It's close to final payment, so the occupants probably decided not to take the cruise.

Hope we did not make a mistake with location. Could you show location on your photos?

We just switched from 10209 (bed next to veranda) for 9237 (bed closer to bath.) At least I think that is correct. :confused::eek:

We normally like the bed next to the veranda and why we originally booked that configuration when the ship bookings first became available. After reading, and seeing how the bed next to the bath opens up the living area to the veranda area (when opened), we decided to switch configurations. Have looked for quite a while for something to become available. The new stateroom popped up last night. :D It's close to final payment, so the occupants probably decided not to take the cruise.

Hope we did not make a mistake with location. Could you show location on your photos?

Yes, bed by the bath! This location looks as good as the other one to me. A nice bump out near the elevators! :D

enhance

Yes, bed by the bath! This location looks as good as the other one to me. A nice bump out near the elevators! :D

Thanks...I feel better about the move. ;)

I agree it was a good switch...9 is further down from the Overhang..

We are on 10 with Inf Balc, bed by balc..much further back and indented...hope light will flow in.

The overhang did not bother us as we prefer to stay shaded when on the balcony because there is not much breeze on those things. But after reading about how the veranda can remain a permanent part of the stateroom, we decided to make the area larger (contrary to what Celebrity is saying, I think those staterooms are going to be small) by changing the bed position.

Good luck with yours!

Edited by Iamthesea

Great thread! Thanks for all of the info. Would anyone be able to tell me if cabin 6125 would be obstructed by the lifeboats? It looks like it's either on the same level or just slightly above. I have been offered this cabin but I'm not sure about the location. I think the life boats are on deck 5?

Thanks

Great thread! Thanks for all of the info. Would anyone be able to tell me if cabin 6125 would be obstructed by the lifeboats? It looks like it's either on the same level or just slightly above. I have been offered this cabin but I'm not sure about the location. I think the life boats are on deck 5?

Thanks

You would miss the lifeboats with this cabin. There is a walkway that starts right outside that cabin (you can see the railing). There has been some discussion about whether that is temporary for the build or just for crew to access the bow. At the very least, it is a ledge just below that balcony - not sure how wide it is, but it will affect your view directly down to the water (that's not important to me personally, but is to many), and at its worst it could be a place for people to walk by your balcony. Otherwise, you would be on a bump out and have a good view out (and fore and aft) - that rail may or may not remain (may be changed to something more permanent-looking) and not sure if that would be a minor annoyance (in front of part of lower part of balcony window).

I think you would need to weigh in on the possible walkway there (hopefully just for crew, but still might have people outside your balcony). If they have other options available, I could find those for you and you could compare and find the best one (or at least our best guess what might be the best). :D

enhance

enhance

You would miss the lifeboats with this cabin. There is a walkway that starts right outside that cabin (you can see the railing). There has been some discussion about whether that is temporary for the build or just for crew to access the bow. At the very least, it is a ledge just below that balcony - not sure how wide it is, but it will affect your view directly down to the water (that's not important to me personally, but is to many), and at its worst it could be a place for people to walk by your balcony. Otherwise, you would be on a bump out and have a good view out (and fore and aft) - that rail may or may not remain (may be changed to something more permanent-looking) and not sure if that would be a minor annoyance (in front of part of lower part of balcony window).

I think you would need to weigh in on the possible walkway there (hopefully just for crew, but still might have people outside your balcony). If they have other options available, I could find those for you and you could compare and find the best one (or at least our best guess what might be the best). :D

enhance

enhance

Thanks for posting the second picture. It confirms I've made the right choice with 6126 on the starboard side (mirroring 6127 above)

VT, I think we figured out that there is no walkway in front of those 1A (or is it 1B) cabins. That was a temporary railing while the ship is under construction. Remember there was a stairway, that on closer inspection was basically a ladder set up prior to sea trials. So I think those cabins won't have people walking by the cabins... at least on on a regular basis. The view is probably similar to anyone along deck 6... looking over lifeboats. Some shots make the lifeboats look more disruptive than other shots. So perhaps the boat height off the deck 5 can be adjusted? Anyway. The reality is that even on higher decks... when looking down..if there is a life boat there.. you likely can't see right next to the ship. That was what I noticed on Eclipse... we were on deck 8 and I wanted to see if the tender was on our side of the ship, but the lifeboat blocked the view. No biggy.... but nothing is perfect.

We are in an aft balcony on the 2/24 cruise. When our friends decided to join us, none left so they booked panoramic ocean views starboard side (one is in 6212 I think). Are these cabins obstructed?

Thanks for all the info you are providing!

Would you be able to identify 3158(speaking of lowly)? We are directly across from Martini Bar and I have a feeling we are in the path of the moving deck. Celebrity picked it out for us on our last cruise and I think we made a bad decision. At least we are onboard the Edge.

VT, I think we figured out that there is no walkway in front of those 1A (or is it 1B) cabins. That was a temporary railing while the ship is under construction. Remember there was a stairway, that on closer inspection was basically a ladder set up prior to sea trials. So I think those cabins won't have people walking by the cabins... at least on on a regular basis. The view is probably similar to anyone along deck 6... looking over lifeboats. Some shots make the lifeboats look more disruptive than other shots. So perhaps the boat height off the deck 5 can be adjusted? Anyway. The reality is that even on higher decks... when looking down..if there is a life boat there.. you likely can't see right next to the ship. That was what I noticed on Eclipse... we were on deck 8 and I wanted to see if the tender was on our side of the ship, but the lifeboat blocked the view. No biggy.... but nothing is perfect.

Thanks, Kearney!

Would you be able to identify 3158(speaking of lowly)? We are directly across from Martini Bar and I have a feeling we are in the path of the moving deck. Celebrity picked it out for us on our last cruise and I think we made a bad decision. At least we are onboard the Edge.

You will have a front row seat for the Magic Carpet. If you are on a cruise where they are tendering, you will have a cool view from your window. Looking at how the Martini Bar is walled off with a space between it and another wall and then your cabin will be in another corridor behind your closed door, I'm hoping you won't hear the noise. If you do, as you said, just having a cabin on the Edge will be amazing! :D

enhance

VT, you have been doing such a job on all these threads! Thank you is not enough! As you have a chance, could you find 11221 for me? I think it has a slightly obstructed forward view, which I didn’t realize when booking. Trying to get excited again for this much needed cruise!

I will definitely be making some purchases from your stand on the dock!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

enhance

enhance

Thank you for your help That's a great deal of information and I really appreciate it! I see exactly what you are talking about and I'm not too sure if I would enjoy a walkway there so I might ask for a different cabin The problem is my sailing is pretty much sold out and we have an infinite verandah guarantee which they confirmed it would not be obstructed so I don't know if that qualifies if there is a railing there because to me that would be an obstruction.

We are in an aft balcony on the 2/24 cruise. When our friends decided to join us, none left so they booked panoramic ocean views starboard side (one is in 6212 I think). Are these cabins obstructed?

Thanks for all the info you are providing!

Some cabins in that area are more obstructed than others. 6212 isn't bad because it misses the davit. It does overlook the front of the lifeboat, but they should have a decent view out otherwise. I think you might be doing some entertaining on your huge aft balcony! ;)

enhance