Isi it Me or the HAL Website??

jlnprt

You can get luggage tags before boarding from the porters. As far as boarding passes, we haven’t been asked for them on recent cruises. Go and don’t worry! It’s HAL’s fault for having such a crappy website. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, has anyone tried to research cruises at Celebrity's site. Goodness, what a mess. I thought HA had messed up their site until I tried to compare a 2019 HA spring cruise with Celebrity's offerings. Celebrity gave me every cruise from December forward with a link at the bottom for more pages instead of giving me cruises for March & April only, despite my having specified March or April 2019. IMO, Celebrity's web site is far worse than HA's. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

OMG, has anyone tried to research cruises at Celebrity's site. Goodness, what a mess. I thought HA had messed up their site until I tried to compare a 2019 HA spring cruise with Celebrity's offerings. Celebrity gave me every cruise from December forward with a link at the bottom for more pages instead of giving me cruises for March & April only, despite my having specified March or April 2019. IMO, Celebrity's web site is far worse than HA's. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have no trouble with the Celebrity site. Go to Find A Cruise and you are given several filters to narrow your choice. The first of these is Departure Dates. The default is All Departure Dates, but you can easily pick the month(s) and year(s) that you are interested in.

Have to agree with everyone regarding HALs Web Site. It is the worst one I've ever had to use. What I can't understand is they are owned by the same company as Princess ... and I have very few problems with theirs.

Each cruise line is independently operated under the umbrella of Carnival Corp. They can choose the website development company that they think is best, and the total cost plays a big part in the selection. In the case of HAL's new site, they really screwed up on this one. Maybe selecting the lowest bidder wasn't a wise choice for this job. Or the CEO said that his kid just graduated from college with a computer science degree, and gave the job to him/her ? Who knows ? Whoever did this one, should give back any money that was paid.

Just booked a Christmas cruise and it was horrid, horrid, horrid. Horrid.

But I ...persisted because I at least knew where I wanted to end up. Heaven help those who did not know upfront all the pitfalls the new HAL website throws at you.

NO, I did not want to be shoved into only the Explore 4 pricing. Only many key strokes later and by sheer chance did I find pricing without Explore 4, but with the non-refundable deposit terms. Terms for their extra "cancellation" insurance policies as applied to non-refundable deposits were impenetrable. Crazy making time and having to go back and forth and re-enter to find the missing information was a full frontal assault.

Heaven help me if I clicked the wrong obscure tag and get dumped into their mind-numbing, meandering visuals that expanded and contracted at will and jumped around all over the place. It was just intended to be a test to see if you might be prone to sea-sickness, right?