solo cruise

Johnt1fan

While it’s true you won’t find any “solo deals” (where you’re not paying double), my experience has been that a double fare on Carnival is still cheaper than a solo cabin on another cruise line. YMMV.

If it were me I’d go for November. Lower hurricane risk and probably lower prices too.

While it’s true you won’t find any “solo deals” (where you’re not paying double), my experience has been that a double fare on Carnival is still cheaper than a solo cabin on another cruise line. YMMV.

If it were me I’d go for November. Lower hurricane risk and probably lower prices too.

Good advice! Just booked a solo on the Victory for November 19. Balcony cabin for under $900...over Thanksgiving too!

There are deals to be found, if you are willing to sail on the smaller older ships.

Good advice! Just booked a solo on the Victory for November 19. Balcony cabin for under $900...over Thanksgiving too!

There are deals to be found, if you are willing to sail on the smaller older ships.

Nice! A thanksgiving cruise sounds like a lot of fun. I have a cruise scheduled for the week before thanksgiving and I can’t believe it’s almost here already, where does time go?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed I'm doing the Fantasy in January as a solo. I have a mini-suite with pre-paid gratuities and the cost before port fees and taxes was $1000. Worth it to me as I look it as if I stayed in a hotel for 4 nights and had to pay for food/drink (non-alcoholic although I will be getting cheers.) It would cost me more.

If I solo cruise on Carnival, it's been in the Fall, which gives me the best rates for Carnival. I also figure in the cost of Cheers. I will be trying NCL's studio for the first time in February--very early booking for a week's cruise that includes the beverage package is a third of what I would pay on Carnival for that itinerary and time. Because the rate was so good, I booked a B2B. I hope I like it, lol.

If I solo cruise on Carnival, it's been in the Fall, which gives me the best rates for Carnival. I also figure in the cost of Cheers. I will be trying NCL's studio for the first time in February--very early booking for a week's cruise that includes the beverage package is a third of what I would pay on Carnival for that itinerary and time. Because the rate was so good, I booked a B2B. I hope I like it, lol.

I would love to hear your thoughts on it when you get back. I cruise several times a year with different family/friends where I handle all of the planning, reserving, researching, etc. I have just decided that I need at least one solo a year just to recover from all of my family cruising! ;)