Sabor on Freedom of the Seas

Hi all,

Just booked our 3rd cruise next May on Freedom to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. We did not do speciality dining on our previous 2 cruises, so we have zero experience with this.

I have seen the sample menu posted in the Cruise planner on the RCCL website. I am curious how and what one orders from this menu. Do you get or order as many things as you like for the fixed price?

I'm sorry, I'm sure this seems like a ridiculous question, but as a newbie, I have no idea how this works so any and all advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I had the same question and did some research. The menu is strangely set up. Found a good detailed review from the one on freedom of the seas. The reviewer was basically able to order whatever he wanted from any section of the menu. I’m going on freedom in October and plan to try it out.

If you google Sabor reviews freedom of the seas you might be able to find the blog/review. Had lots of pics too. It’s on royal Caribbean blog.

Edited by dianajo67

I had the same question and did some research. The menu is strangely set up. Found a good detailed review from the one on freedom of the seas. The reviewer was basically able to order whatever he wanted from any section of the menu. I’m going on freedom in October and plan to try it out.

If you google Sabor reviews freedom of the seas you might be able to find the blog/review. Had lots of pics too. It’s on royal Caribbean blog.

Thank you, will go check it out!

I had the same question and did some research. The menu is strangely set up. Found a good detailed review from the one on freedom of the seas.

The review you refer to is three years old, certain aspects of the service and menu may have changed. For example, they no longer do table side guacamole.

BobJ

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The review you refer to is three years old, certain aspects of the service and menu may have changed. For example, they no longer do table side guacamole.

BobJ

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Seriously? That was one of the main attractions in 2015. They demo'd in on the promenade on boarding day to get you to book it.

How disappointing. Our last cruise on Oasis, Sabor was the only upcharge dining I paid for, and my son and I quite enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the signature margarita, but that's another story...

I'll have to consider this carefully for our upcoming Allure cruise at the end of August! I have a real (and growing) issue with the way dining is shifting on RCCL and others. :-(

It would be Unfortunate if the table side guacamole was stopped again. I’d heard they stopped for a while a year or so ago and then restarted after changing the cart used to meet health requirements. As I haven’t been on there recently, I’m simply sharing the various data points (accurate or not) that I picked up through online research of various discussion threads etc ( not all on cruise critic). Saw one traveler Sabor menu photo allegedly from Jan of this year that still advertised table side guacamole.

In any case, the menu on the freedom class ships is different from the oasis class. It has never been a la carte on freedom and always been a specialty restaurant. There are burritos and other entrees. The only way you can get one of their specialty margaritas is to eat a meal there. No separate bar to sit at like on oasis (I was on oasis in April).

I’m planning to check it out in October and will do a review...since there really aren’t any I could find from 2018 online. I’m already scheduled for the guacamole making class as well.

It would be Unfortunate if the table side guacamole was stopped again. I’d heard they stopped for a while a year or so ago and then restarted after changing the cart used to meet health requirements. As I haven’t been on there recently, I’m simply sharing the various data points (accurate or not) that I picked up through online research of various discussion threads etc ( not all on cruise critic). Saw one traveler Sabor menu photo allegedly from Jan of this year that still advertised table side guacamole.

In any case, the menu on the freedom class ships is different from the oasis class. It has never been a la carte on freedom and always been a specialty restaurant. There are burritos and other entrees. The only way you can get one of their specialty margaritas is to eat a meal there. No separate bar to sit at like on oasis (I was on oasis in April).

I’m planning to check it out in October and will do a review...since there really aren’t any I could find from 2018 online. I’m already scheduled for the guacamole making class as well.

Looking forward to your review!

Thanks for the update! I did not know that they had modified the carts and started table side again. That is great news!

BobJ