Havana Night Spots?

mahondi

Family vacation in Havana in March. Looking to take in a night club. It will just be the women on this one. I got excited about going to the historic Tropicana, but saw the price of $165/per person. I'm less excited now. Has anyone done Havana and can recommend a night club that won't cost an arm and a leg? We are not serious drinkers, just wanted the experience.:confused::confused:

There are many, many posts about this over on the Cuba port of call board, along with tips from returning cruisers.

The Hotel Nacional has a cabaret show, a much less costly alternative.

I, along with many others enjoyed it tremendously

I was not aware that Princess is now sailing to Cuba, but I recently got scolded here, in red ink no less, for not having an encyclopedic knowledge of all current things Princess, as I do spread my cruise dollars around.

Edited by EatonDoolittle

There are many, many posts about this over on the Cuba port of call board, along with tips from returning cruisers.

The Hotel Nacional has a cabaret show, a much less costly alternative.

I, along with many others enjoyed it tremendously

I was not aware that Princess is now sailing to Cuba, but I recently got scolded here, in red ink no less, for not having an encyclopedic knowledge of all current things Princess, as I do spread my cruise dollars around.

Glad you had the chance to reply to this before I saw it. We have been in Europe for about 3 weeks and haven't checked the latest itineraries and when I saw this thread I thought we might have to cancel our RCI voyage to Cuba in February and go with our Princess family. But no, there isn't a voyage planned to Cuba in the near future so we are stuck with RCI for now because it does Key West as well.

Glad you had the chance to reply to this before I saw it. We have been in Europe for about 3 weeks and haven't checked the latest itineraries and when I saw this thread I thought we might have to cancel our RCI voyage to Cuba in February and go with our Princess family. But no, there isn't a voyage planned to Cuba in the near future so we are stuck with RCI for now because it does Key West as well.

NCL does a couple of Cuba/Key West cruises next Feb- April on the Sky open bar included. We loved it so much last April we're going again next March. it seems this is a better alternative to RCCL in revues I've read.

NCL Sun now has 4 day cruises to Key West & Havana April 2019 - June 2019 open bar included. The Sun was refurbished this year.

Where did you see those prices? I looked at the Tropicana site recently and the show without dinner is $85.00 per person.

The ship's excursion price is $199.00 -- and the disparity in price between DIY and the ship is shocking!

I highly recommend the Tropicana. Booked online for premium seats ($95 per person) (classic car taxi 25 CUC each way. Driver offered to pick take us back too, and didn't want payment until the end, but we paid him anyway. He was there waiting for us after the show). Great seats, great rum (keep it for a nice gift if you're not drinkers), very cool experience. Far exceeded my expectations.

I highly recommend the Tropicana. Booked online for premium seats ($95 per person) (classic car taxi 25 CUC each way. Driver offered to pick take us back too, and didn't want payment until the end, but we paid him anyway. He was there waiting for us after the show). Great seats, great rum (keep it for a nice gift if you're not drinkers), very cool experience. Far exceeded my expectations.

Did you pre arrange the classic car taxi or just get it at the end of the pier?