Any last minute Sunshine tips?

Hi all! Cruising in a little over a week on the Carnival Sunshine. I've been on numerous ships and cruise. I cruised the Destiny twice but not the Sunshine yet. I've also been to all of the ports on this cruise (and already have those plans finalized).

One thing I have learned is there are often tips, must-do things, places to miss, etc. that are ship specific, so I am asking the pros......any last minute Sunshine tips??

TIA!

It's been a few years since I sailed on her, but the one thing I do remember was that it took a while to get used to the deck plan. There was a lot of up and down to get places on decks just because of the retro-fitting. I would sail her again though. It was a lovely ship.

It's been a few years since I sailed on her, but the one thing I do remember was that it took a while to get used to the deck plan. There was a lot of up and down to get places on decks just because of the retro-fitting. I would sail her again though. It was a lovely ship.

I agree. Study the deck plans and you will be fine

I just got off an 8 day on the Sunshine yesterday to Aruba, Curacao and Santa Domingo. Been on 25 or 30 cruises and this is about the best one we have had on Carnival. The Alchemy Bar with Kateryna was outstanding, we ate at the speciality restaurants 5 of the 8 nights 2 in the dining room and 1 on Lido. The Steakhouse and Ji Ji's were incredible and Cucina was good after they found our order but didn't get a second chance. If you drink wine or cocktails after 3 in a day cheers pays for itself. We didn't find it hard to find our way around the ship as long as you go from the Lido or Promenade deck. In Aruba and Curacao we walked around and preferred Curacao, on Santa Domingo we went on a tour with Iguana Mama, found on TripAdvisor, with Alexander and Daniel and it was great as we were the only ones for that day. We played trivia with Abby and even won a Plastic Ship and the Clue game was a lot of fun that lasted 4 days but we figured out who killed "Mr Body"

The small breakfast set up in the Ocean Plaza area on Deck 5 is very nice and not crowded at all. Not all the bells and whistles of the full Lido buffet, but very relaxing. Also, the check in for Your Time Dining is on Deck 5.

If you like comedy go at least 30 minutes early to get a good seat. The venue is tight and some seats are behind the stage and you watch a tv screen. Overall love the Sunshine and have cruised her several times.

Cheers and happy cruising.

Just got off yesterday and here's a few things:

- You can usually find a seat to eat at in the Havana bar - the buffet dining area gets really crowded

- The omelette stations are in the Havana area (one on JiJi's side and one on Cucina's side)

- For lunch JiJi's does stir fry for free and Cucina does make your own pasta for free

- The steakhouse was the best Carnival steakhouse we have dined at

- JiJi's for dinner was amazing - do not miss it

- Cucina Capitano (imo) was not worth it. For one, they also lost our order and it took 45 minutes for our appetizers. The entire meal was a 2 hour process - which is fine for really good food - this should not have been a 2 hour dining experience

- Definitely get in line early for the comedy shows

- Trivia - on sea days - seemed limited to us. There seemed to be more held on port days - but we were not aboard at that time.

- Sea Day brunch was very good

Thanks! That is a helpful reminder to check out the deck plans carefully over the next few days :):)

I just got off an 8 day on the Sunshine yesterday to Aruba, Curacao and Santa Domingo. Been on 25 or 30 cruises and this is about the best one we have had on Carnival. The Alchemy Bar with Kateryna was outstanding, we ate at the speciality restaurants 5 of the 8 nights 2 in the dining room and 1 on Lido. The Steakhouse and Ji Ji's were incredible and Cucina was good after they found our order but didn't get a second chance. If you drink wine or cocktails after 3 in a day cheers pays for itself. We didn't find it hard to find our way around the ship as long as you go from the Lido or Promenade deck. In Aruba and Curacao we walked around and preferred Curacao, on Santa Domingo we went on a tour with Iguana Mama, found on TripAdvisor, with Alexander and Daniel and it was great as we were the only ones for that day. We played trivia with Abby and even won a Plastic Ship and the Clue game was a lot of fun that lasted 4 days but we figured out who killed "Mr Body"

Fantastic info! Thank you so much! And I'm happy to hear your trip was so good.....makes me even more excited :):)

The small breakfast set up in the Ocean Plaza area on Deck 5 is very nice and not crowded at all. Not all the bells and whistles of the full Lido buffet, but very relaxing. Also, the check in for Your Time Dining is on Deck 5.

Also, the front facing chairs on the Serenity Deck are great for the Dive in Movies if you can snag them early.

Thanks, Sea Raven! Good tips!

If you like comedy go at least 30 minutes early to get a good seat. The venue is tight and some seats are behind the stage and you watch a tv screen. Overall love the Sunshine and have cruised her several times.

Cheers and happy cruising.

Yes, as stated above, if going to the comedy show, get there 30 to 45 minutes early if you want a seat. Venue is way to small for the amount of people that show up.

Good to know! I have learned that comedy of Carnival is really hit and miss, but I do usually give it a try at least once each trip!

Best Serenity deck in the Carnival fleet....features it's own pool and a waterfall. Definitely agree with the others about the crowded comedy club. Enjoy your cruise! We will be on the Sunshine again in February.

I am definitely looking forward to enjoying the Serenity deck! Thanks for the info and the well wishes!

Just got off yesterday and here's a few things:

- You can usually find a seat to eat at in the Havana bar - the buffet dining area gets really crowded

- The omelette stations are in the Havana area (one on JiJi's side and one on Cucina's side)

- For lunch JiJi's does stir fry for free and Cucina does make your own pasta for free

- The steakhouse was the best Carnival steakhouse we have dined at

- JiJi's for dinner was amazing - do not miss it

- Cucina Capitano (imo) was not worth it. For one, they also lost our order and it took 45 minutes for our appetizers. The entire meal was a 2 hour process - which is fine for really good food - this should not have been a 2 hour dining experience

- Definitely get in line early for the comedy shows

- Trivia - on sea days - seemed limited to us. There seemed to be more held on port days - but we were not aboard at that time.

- Sea Day brunch was very good

Thank you for the great info! DH always has an omelette each morning, so it is good to know where to send him for those! Sad to hear some of the less favorable reviews of the Italian restaurant......it is usually one of my favorites on other ships! Looks like JiJis may take over this time ;)