No FTTF available, what to do?

Oldgoat61

I am not sure FTTF or the first time slot is going to help you out - depending on what time last call to depart your first cruise is and how long it takes to get through immigration.

The terminal often will not open til the first time slot - be it 10, 10:30 (have seen some places as late as 11).

If it were me, I would consider getting off, giving luggage to the porters to put on the Magic, and then finding something to do. I didn't catch what port this is...but an Uber could be used to go to breakfast, restock at a store, go to a beach etc.

Even if your port has a 10 am check in slot, ships don't start to board until around 11:30 am as a general rule. Then it will be weddings, P&D, Suites, FTTF etc before they start doing zones. Even with Platinum status I am not sure I have ever been aboard before about 1145 am. So you can count on a 2 hour wait to board. For me, I will be stretching my legs on land somewhere...

On my last three cruises, I was on Victory by 11:00 AM twice and I was on Magic at 10:30 AM.

My wife and I have a cruise on the Magic April of next year. Just found out that the FTTF is sold out for our sailing. What alternatives do I have. By doing the check in at 180 days, will that assure me getting on board with the first group? The reason I ask, is we will be getting off the Navigator of the Seas the same day we get on the Magic. I would like to be able to walk off the Navigator and enter the terminal for the Magic as soon as possible.

Thanks for your input!

I have had success by emailing the FTTF department, and requesting to be waitlisted if they have any cancellations. Include your contact info, booking info, etc.

I was thrilled to get that email adding FTTF to my cabin.

I have had success by emailing the FTTF department, and requesting to be waitlisted if they have any cancellations. Include your contact info, booking info, etc.

I was thrilled to get that email adding FTTF to my cabin.

I believe they stopped waitlisting FTTF. It was too much hassle for Carnival when FTTF would generally sell out on its own online anyway, and it was creating unrealistic expectations for people that they would clear the waitlist.

Keep checking FTTF. I booked a cruise last March for August 26th 2018. I did not book FTTF. I thought $89.00 was a lot to get on the ship an hour or two early. About 2 months ago when I was booking shore excursions I realize two ports are tender ports. I tried to buy FTTF but it was sold out. About two weeks ago I was on my shore excursion page and they were advertising limited quantity FTTF. Make it a point to check regularly

If you think that is the only aspect of FTTF then you really know nothing about it. Try learning something about the program be making inaccurate remarks about it.

I wasn't an inaccurate remark in and of itself......the poster just didn't write the entirety of what comes with FTTF. For the record, I, myself don't think it's worth the extra $100, but that's my opinion.