Princess - Booking future cruises onboard

Is there any benefit booking another cruise whilst on onboard apart from buying another FCC ??

We are travelling on Majestic in September and are looking at the Around Australia in March 2020 - there will never be a sale of discount available as these fill so quickly.

Thanks

Judy

Is there any benefit booking another cruise whilst on onboard apart from buying another FCC ??

We are travelling on Majestic in September and are looking at the Around Australia in March 2020 - there will never be a sale of discount available as these fill so quickly.

Thanks

Judy

Sometimes (but rarely) they’ll offer a slightly better offer.

Thanks

Judy

You'll get a reduced deposit and OBC on the cruise you booked. The deposit and OBC will be transferable to another cruise. the OBC amount will depend on tje length of the cruise and cabin booked.

You'll get a reduced deposit and OBC on the cruise you booked. The deposit and OBC will be transferable to another cruise. the OBC amount will depend on tje length of the cruise and cabin booked.

But you get that from the FCD anyway. As far as I know there is no extra benefit from actually booking while onboard. In fact Princess seem to discourage actually dealing with the Future Cruise Desk, it's only manned for a few hours and there is usually only one consultant, and last time we talked to one she was quite dismissive. Princess tends to encourage buying FCDs either by filling in the number required on the pre-filled-in form (which is usually in your cabin on embarkation day) and posting in the box near the Future Cruise Desk, or through Princess@Sea.

These days if I really wanted to book another cruise while I was on the ship I'd buy the FCD through Princess@Sea and as soon as it showed up on my Princess account I'd book the cruise online, rather than wasting time hanging around the Future Cruise Desk.

we once booked a future cruise while on board as there was a special on However, the cruise and the future cruise credit didn't automatically link up and we had to sort this out with the Princess consultant after our return. It worked out OK in the end but I wouldnt do it again.

I have rarely seen the Future cruise consultant, we did once and they were of little help for the cruise we had our eyes on and it took so long to get to that decision. Since then, we normally just buy a few FCC and book once we are home and find a deal we want.