Anyone ever used a timeshare exchange through RCI

Has anyone ever used RCI Cruise and exchanged a deposit for $$ off a cruise? I used their website, and from the initial look the "discount" amount isn't worth exchanging the week.

Looking for folks who have done this and what their experience and "discount" was like.

"Discount" in quotes because you already paid for the week (ownership + maintenance) so it's not really a discount. :)

Has anyone ever used RCI Cruise and exchanged a deposit for $$ off a cruise? I used their website, and from the initial look the "discount" amount isn't worth exchanging the week.

Looking for folks who have done this and what their experience and "discount" was like.

"Discount" in quotes because you already paid for the week (ownership + maintenance) so it's not really a discount. :)

I have looked into the discount in the past, and, after fees and everything else, found that it was not worth the bother unless i was going to book multiple cabins. This is especially true if you are a weeks member (points uses only a part of a week in my case).

Steve

I have looked into the discount in the past, and, after fees and everything else, found that it was not worth the bother unless i was going to book multiple cabins. This is especially true if you are a weeks member (points uses only a part of a week in my case).

Steve

Thanks. How did booking multiple cabins change the equation? I will be booking 2 cabins.

I was just looking at the potential savings depositing the studio side on one of my timeshares into Interval International and exchanging it for a 4 day Cuba cruise July 4, 2019. Royals price was about $1950 and my net cost after exchange through II would be just over $1000. That's a substantial savings and would leave us with the 1 Bedroom side to use at any Westin or Sheraton resort without depositing it. It's also just under half the annual maintenance fees so not really losing much there either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app