ms Zaandam & ms Volendam in Juneau August 3, 2018

Scrapnana

Question for y'all. Is there something about the Juneau harbor or about the Holland America ships that they creep in to the dock? I was watching an MSC ship dock on the Nassau cam this morning, and it slid right in - but watching the Holland America ships over the past few weeks in Juneau, it has almost been painfully slow as they enter the port.

Question for y'all. Is there something about the Juneau harbor or about the Holland America ships that they creep in to the dock? I was watching an MSC ship dock on the Nassau cam this morning, and it slid right in - but watching the Holland America ships over the past few weeks in Juneau, it has almost been painfully slow as they enter the port.

I have noticed that as well.

Having been to Juneau quite a few times, I don't remember us taking that long to dock.

I really don't know but it could have to do with Alaskan restrictions (I know there is a sound restriction). It also could be because of the other traffic in the harbor, including the float planes.

Just missed Volendam. Might have gotten to McDonalds in time for the arrival but I think my side trip to the hardware was worth it.

Time to head back to the ship before it starts raining again.

Roy

Who needs a webcam? The Zaandam generally arrives at her anchorage off Gastineau very EARLY. Here's my view of passing her about an hour after we left Juneau tonight. (right outside the dining room window.)

[ATTACH]426107[/ATTACH]

Roy

Nice picture Roy. Thank you for sharing it.