Suite walls on Explorer and Mariner

Brownie54

Not quite sure with all the storage space on the Regent ships we are having this conversation.  But now I understand what these "things" are - I know that what we use to hang our Christmas decorations on our front door depends, absolutely, on a smooth surface.  Like our door!

I used a "heavy duty" Command hook to hold this on the door of the closet for organizing dinner reservation cards, tickets, key card/lanyard (yes, I use a lanyard on other cruise lines; not on Regent), extra charger cords, etc -- little things that I might need quick access to and didn't want to bury them inside a drawer somewhere. It rolls up easily and takes up very little space in my luggage. 

wall organizer.jpeg

• Like 1

I love that too, I will have to look at things like this--convenient that it hangs from a single hook!  In answer to Hambagahle's question, I've heard that the storage space on the Voyager and Mariner has been impaired since the latest refurb.  And for us and for ArtsyCraftsy, we're talking about a World Cruise.  So that pile of paper on the coffee table and drawer full of cords and chargers doesn't really cut it for being organized, for that length of time.

2 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I love that too, I will have to look at things like this--convenient that it hangs from a single hook!  In answer to Hambagahle's question, I've heard that the storage space on the Voyager and Mariner has been impaired since the latest refurb.  And for us and for ArtsyCraftsy, we're talking about a World Cruise.  So that pile of paper on the coffee table and drawer full of cords and chargers doesn't really cut it for being organized, for that length of time.

Even at home we have special places for our cords and chargers (not in a drawer).  They are in a labeled box on a closet shelf.  One can purchase an accordion file for papers that you want to save.  When we are on a ship, we always have our extra plug unit that also has USB ports on the desk with two or three cords attached to it.  It is small and out of the way.

Since this seems to be turning into a world cruise thread, perhaps a new thread would be useful for everyone that have taken a word cruise (posters that could help people that are planning a WC) as well of those that haven't.

Except for ArtsyCraftsy's organizer, most things could look quite tacky if placed around the suite.  IMHO, the only place where Command hooks are okay is when they are not obvious (behind a door - in the closet).  

The walls on the Explorer have heavy/thick paper and my magnets didn't work - including heavy duty hooks. Magnets should be fine on the Mariner.

The walls over the desk/sofa are papered but the rest are not.

I have not been on the Mariner since dry dock but have been on the Navigator and assume the situation is the same.

Peggy

• Like 2