My Harmony Feedback

Just off Harmony last weekend. Wanted to share some of the good and bad from my perspective.

Good:

Deck 16 Solarium was great. We spend a lot of time there. There is a bar which is not crowded, and it's right above the solarium café. The food choices were not like the WJ, but it was definitely good enough for breakfast and lunch. This spot was never really crowded except for mid-afternoon on sea days. Very quiet early morning and evenings.

Embarking and disembarking - Surprisingly very smooth for the amount of people. We got to the port around 9:45am. Had to wait a few minutes to enter the security area, and go upstairs. Check in was very quick, and sat in the suite lounge area for maybe 20 minutes. Got called and our family was first to board (Minus Star class suites I'm sure)

Flowrider was great for kids. My 17 year old son loved it.

Wonderland - Loved it. Went for anniversary dinner. Walked away impressed.

Room was great. Had a JS on the hump on deck 7. Plenty of room and the balcony was huge.

MDR was very good. Ate there 5 nights.

Coastal Kitchen was very good - Ate there one night

Boot & Bonnet - Kieron Cox was awesome. Spent a lot of nights there.

Enjoyed the Rising Tide Bar. Only went once, but wished went more

Trellis Bar on deck 8 - Never crowded. It was an easy walk up one flight to get drinks to take back to balcony

Sorrento's - Decent pizza for the amount they pump out. Hit every night late for a few slices

Bad:

Room on deck 7 near the aft elevators. Can't cut across from port to starboard side of boat without going down or up one flight of stairs. Was a pain the first few times. I just had to always think about where I was before choosing a stairwell or elevator before going to room to make sure I'm on the correct side.

Kids charging privileges. Had to go to guest services multiple times to figure it out. Big pain in the butt as most times during the week both kids kept getting denied purchases.

No cigar lounge. Had to sit up on deck 15. Hard to light a cigar when the wind is blowing. Can't believe they can't put something indoors with the size of Harmony.

Too many people. Probably won't do this size ship again. Just felt too crowded for my liking.

Ports of call - not so much where, but how long we were in each. We had to leave St. Kitts mid-afternoon. Would have been nice to stay longer to enjoy the area more.

Beer selection is bad. Not enough Ales and IPA's. Ended up drinking lots of bourbon and mixed drinks because of poor beer selection.

Guest Services - Not enough stations for number of people on the boat. Lines were always long.

That's about it. Happy to answer any questions.

Should have added elevators to the BAD area. Always crowded and waiting time could be long depending on time of day. We used stairs as much as possible.

I agree. We've sailed on Oasis Class ships three times. The last time we sailed on the Allure. The whole ship felt crowded, especially in the Windjammer. Central Park was even crowded. The last morning in the Windjammer was chaos. I doubt we'll ever go on this class ship again.

Confused about this...

"Room on deck 7 near the aft elevators. Can't cut across from port to starboard side of boat without going down or up one flight of stairs. Was a pain the first few times. I just had to always think about where I was before choosing a stairwell or elevator before going to room to make sure I'm on the correct side."

Looking at the deck plans for Harmony both forward and aft elevators reach deck 7 and both elevator lobbies have access to both the port and starboard sides without needing to use stairs. Am I mistaken?

... Looking at the deck plans for Harmony both forward and aft elevators reach deck 7 and both elevator lobbies have access to both the port and starboard sides without needing to use stairs. Am I mistaken?

Yes, the deck plan must not be clear. You cannot pass between the aft elevator lobbies on deck 7 because the Boardwalk sign blocks that passage. No problem on other decks.

Just off Harmony last weekend. Wanted to share some of the good and bad from my perspective.

Good:

Deck 16 Solarium was great. We spend a lot of time there. There is a bar which is not crowded, and it's right above the solarium café. The food choices were not like the WJ, but it was definitely good enough for breakfast and lunch. This spot was never really crowded except for mid-afternoon on sea days. Very quiet early morning and evenings.

Embarking and disembarking - Surprisingly very smooth for the amount of people. We got to the port around 9:45am. Had to wait a few minutes to enter the security area, and go upstairs. Check in was very quick, and sat in the suite lounge area for maybe 20 minutes. Got called and our family was first to board (Minus Star class suites I'm sure)

Flowrider was great for kids. My 17 year old son loved it.

Wonderland - Loved it. Went for anniversary dinner. Walked away impressed.

Room was great. Had a JS on the hump on deck 7. Plenty of room and the balcony was huge.

MDR was very good. Ate there 5 nights.

Coastal Kitchen was very good - Ate there one night

Boot & Bonnet - Kieron Cox was awesome. Spent a lot of nights there.

Enjoyed the Rising Tide Bar. Only went once, but wished went more

Trellis Bar on deck 8 - Never crowded. It was an easy walk up one flight to get drinks to take back to balcony

Sorrento's - Decent pizza for the amount they pump out. Hit every night late for a few slices

Bad:

Room on deck 7 near the aft elevators. Can't cut across from port to starboard side of boat without going down or up one flight of stairs. Was a pain the first few times. I just had to always think about where I was before choosing a stairwell or elevator before going to room to make sure I'm on the correct side.

Kids charging privileges. Had to go to guest services multiple times to figure it out. Big pain in the butt as most times during the week both kids kept getting denied purchases.

No cigar lounge. Had to sit up on deck 15. Hard to light a cigar when the wind is blowing. Can't believe they can't put something indoors with the size of Harmony.

Too many people. Probably won't do this size ship again. Just felt too crowded for my liking.

Ports of call - not so much where, but how long we were in each. We had to leave St. Kitts mid-afternoon. Would have been nice to stay longer to enjoy the area more.

Beer selection is bad. Not enough Ales and IPA's. Ended up drinking lots of bourbon and mixed drinks because of poor beer selection.

Guest Services - Not enough stations for number of people on the boat. Lines were always long.

That's about it. Happy to answer any questions.

Interesting, we were on Harmony during Easter week. Didnt find it crowded at all except when leaving the Muster drill and leaving shows. Both, the Boardwalk and Central Park werent crowded. The pool deck was crowded at times but thats true on all ships.

Yes, the deck plan must not be clear. You cannot pass between the aft elevator lobbies on deck 7 because the Boardwalk sign blocks that passage. No problem on other decks.

This is correct. Boardwalk sign blocks a pass through from one side to the other. Not a deal breaker from staying on deck 7 at all. I really liked the location. We originally booked decked 12, and I'm certainly glad we moved down to 7 when the JS prices fell.

Also off of Harmony last week and had a great time. Service all around was fantastic from MDR to pool bartenders. It was really great to see pool attendants removing the belongings of "chair hogs" on the sea days. One of the highlights was riding in the elevator with Greg the pop up piano player for a sing a long. So fun!