Wonderland and Allergies?

I'm curious to if anyone has tried Wonderland with any kind of allergies? My best friend in my group is quite allergic to the base protein in milk. Would the menu for him have to be changed quite drastically that it would be un-enjoyable or are the chefs pretty good at substituting for it?

Also, I hear of people getting BOGO on wonderland? How does one come across that?

Kovster,

That would not be the place to

Goto. Your friend is Allergic to Casin. And most Chefs are ignorant as to vast amount of foods that contain the protein derivative. Lots of products say they are dairy free, and still contain casin. I believe only Halal and Kosher certified foods have the OU symbol for a true dairy free product.

I’m a

Venue such as Womderland. Many of the components they use may contain that allergen.

Because it is a fixed, multi course menu. I would suggest your friend passes on that dining venue to play it safe.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband has gluten and soy allergies. The Chef and our server went above and beyond to not only cook his food accordingly, but went out of their way to make the experience as special and more than expected. I HIGHLY recommend going and giving them a day notice of your reservation.

I'm curious to if anyone has tried Wonderland with any kind of allergies? My best friend in my group is quite allergic to the base protein in milk. Would the menu for him have to be changed quite drastically that it would be un-enjoyable or are the chefs pretty good at substituting for it?

Also, I hear of people getting BOGO on wonderland? How does one come across that?

My wife has the same allergy. We had no issues at Wonderland. There were only a couple of changes that they had to make. It was actually one of the easier restaurants with a dairy protein allergy. Can’t wait to go back there on Symphony this March.

Kovster,

That would not be the place to

Goto. Your friend is Allergic to Casin. And most Chefs are ignorant as to vast amount of foods that contain the protein derivative. Lots of products say they are dairy free, and still contain casin. I believe only Halal and Kosher certified foods have the OU symbol for a true dairy free product.

I’m a

Venue such as Womderland. Many of the components they use may contain that allergen.

Because it is a fixed, multi course menu. I would suggest your friend passes on that dining venue to play it safe.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’ve had nothing but positive experiences in all the specialty restaurants that we’ve dined in and have been eating in them almost exclusively for our last 6 cruises including a fabulous meal at Wonderland.

My wife is also allergic to casein. We’ve found that while the waiters sometimes leave a bit to be desired in their knowledge, talking to a chef helps tremendously.

We’ve found that the chefs err on the side of caution and frequently tell my wife she shouldn’t eat something as they aren’t sure of the ingredients of a packaged or prepared item.

Eating at Wonderland is no different than eating at any other specialty restaurant or the main dining room. In fact the specialty restaurants tend to go above and beyond in creating something exciting as opposed to the standby of a plain protein, baked potato and steamed vegetables that the MDR likes to offer for those with dairy allergies.