Water cartons are here! At least on Solstice

cruisestitch

The new cartons look/sound like Tetra Pak, or something very similar. There is a process in place for recycling these. How simple it is, I couldn’t say. But we can put ours in our recycling bin. They say the plastic cap is separated in the recycling process, and that is recycled too, I believe.

http://www.tetrapakrecycling.co.uk/faqs.asp

DH and I have had, and will have the Premium package when sailing on Celebrity. When we leave the ship in port, we do grab a couple of bottles of water to drink while in port. However, with meals and in our stateroom, if thirsty we drink tap water. Ship water is used in coffee, tea, and cooking. At home, we drink tap water. No need for bottled water.

As far as the container used to store the water - plastic, metal and paper, does not mater to me. I would prefer not to have glass because safety.

Oh, and paper straws are okay with me, too. I grew up with them.

• 2 weeks later...
Back to the future? Plastic is back, at least on the Equinox. Was told that there was a try- out of aluminium / glass bottles on the last two cruises but new supplies are plastic. The project is a work in progress...

Like the not so free burger then free burger again at the mast grill a while back. At least they’re trying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was no problem drinking from the new containers. However, they were awkward in the theater. Square bottom did not fit in the round holders. So you had to place the water container on the floor which is awkward with people coming and going. Water tasted just fine.