propwash

When overnight in a port

We dock in Venice on Sunday but disembark on Monday. How late can we return to the ship on Sunday night?

Thanks for the help.

Danny

I agree with the above posters, but be aware that the People Mover -- the tram that carries you from Piazzale Roma to the port -- stops running at 11 pm most nights (10 pm on Sundays). In the off season (Nov-Mar) it only runs until 9 pm.

The regular vaporetto lines also stop running past a certain point. There are a couple of "Night lines". See here: http://actv.avmspa.it/en/content/orari-servizio-di-navigazione-0

Coming back to the ship, in Venice, after 10 is a lonely thing :). We have done two overnights (on HAL) in Venice. DW and I will go out for an early dinner (about 8:30...which is early for Italy) and generally try to get back to the port by 10:45 so we can use the People Mover. But once at the port People Mover station it can be a long hike back to the vessel (depending on docking position). Fortunately, DW and I have no problem with long walks (several miles is not a problem) and we have always run into some crew members also walking (both directions). On HAL most passenger seem to be in bed by 10....so we have never run into another passenger after 10...walking through the port. If the internal port bus is running after 10...we have never noticed.

Hank

Posted (edited)

On our overnight stay in Venice we went by foot from Piazzale Roma back to the ship. It was a 20 min walk.

Edited by pascal030

Coming back to the ship, in Venice, after 10 is a lonely thing :). We have done two overnights (on HAL) in Venice. DW and I will go out for an early dinner (about 8:30...which is early for Italy) and generally try to get back to the port by 10:45 so we can use the People Mover. But once at the port People Mover station it can be a long hike back to the vessel (depending on docking position). Fortunately, DW and I have no problem with long walks (several miles is not a problem) and we have always run into some crew members also walking (both directions). On HAL most passenger seem to be in bed by 10....so we have never run into another passenger after 10...walking through the port. If the internal port bus is running after 10...we have never noticed.

Hank

Reminds me of dinner we so, so enjoyed in V enice at Harry's Bar. Such a wonderful treat. We were traveling with another coupel a nd the four of us were thrilled they had a table for four where they could seat us. ;) We had not planned in advance