Non-refundable Deposits and Death of Pax(s).

nelblu

You might want to verify that. Many cards have recently decreased their travel insurance coverage.

United Mileage Plus Explorer dropped their coverage from $10,000 to $1,500.

However, United Mileage Plus Club continues to have $10,000.

American Airlines Platinum Visa now provides $6,000

United Mileage Plus Explorer dropped their coverage from $10,000 to $1,500.

However, United Mileage Plus Club continues to have $10,000.

American Airlines Platinum Visa now provides $6,000

My United Mileage Plus Chase Explorer card is $6k as of June 1, 2018. They also increased the Restaurants & Hotels from 1:1 to 2:1 point ratio. In addition up to $100 credit for Global Entry/TSA Pre fee credit.

My United Mileage Plus Chase Explorer card is $6k as of June 1, 2018. They also increased the Restaurants & Hotels from 1:1 to 2:1 point ratio. In addition up to $100 credit for Global Entry/TSA Pre fee credit.

With the personal explorer cardIt used to be $6000, but when they made the other changes they dropped it to $1500. A few years ago it was 10000, then dropped to 6,000 now 1500. So might want to double check. American airlines added it as a benefit at 6000 about the same time Mileageplus Explorer reduced it

The specific wording on the notification I received was Trip Cancellation was $6,000 now $1,500.

The following is from the MileagePlus Explorer web site

Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance

You can be reimbursed up to $1,500 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable passenger fares, if your trip is cancelled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations.

Nope, but I've been a customer of several and I tend to spend more money with companies that care than those that don't.

Exceptions are made on a case by case basis. Public companies need to answer to the share holders. Stock holders only want dividends, not charitable pity.

Sorry we don’t agree, perhaps on some other thread we can see [emoji102] to [emoji102].

However, I’m not being condescending when i say you have a good ❤️. And you are probably a good person. We need more folks like you around...

Sincerely

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nope, not sure so I'll email them and see what they say.

Just heard back from insuremytrip and they said under a comprehensive plan this type of coverage is in effect the day after you purchase the policy so as long as you were able to travel at the time you purchased the policy this would be covered. I had never given the matter much thought because as someone else said if this happened to me I'd hardly care at all but I guess one shouldn't read the terms too literally.

Exceptions are made on a case by case basis. Public companies need to answer to the share holders. Stock holders only want dividends, not charitable pity.

Sorry we don’t agree, perhaps on some other thread we can see [emoji102] to [emoji102].

However, I’m not being condescending when i say you have a good ❤️. And you are probably a good person. We need more folks like you around...

Sincerely

Mike

Deciding on a case by case basis is all that can really be asked or expected, so our viewpoint isn't really that far apart.

You obviously don’t own a business. Bless your heart ❤️.

I own a business. I also understand that stuff happens to people and have taken that into consideration many times. I also sleep pretty well at night.

With the personal explorer cardIt used to be $6000, but when they made the other changes they dropped it to $1500. A few years ago it was 10000, then dropped to 6,000 now 1500. So might want to double check. American airlines added it as a benefit at 6000 about the same time Mileageplus Explorer reduced it

The specific wording on the notification I received was Trip Cancellation was $6,000 now $1,500.

The following is from the MileagePlus Explorer web site

Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance

You can be reimbursed up to $1,500 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable passenger fares, if your trip is cancelled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations.

You are correct. looked at it closely and the $6k is for a group traveling together.

Thanks for bringing it up. As mentioned I use my Sapphire for any large travel expenses and sue the Explorer for United air charge & $1.5k is sufficient for a domestic flight.

I guess, I should check with Chase re: Sapphire--so far I haven't received any revisions to the benefits.

I own a business. I also understand that stuff happens to people and have taken that into consideration many times. I also sleep pretty well at night.

Exactly right. On a case by case basis absolutely. However, it must be the exception, not the norm.

Steve Jobs once said “at the heart of every successful company is its consumer base. The customer, it not always right. Most of the time, you have to break their heart. Sometimes an exception could be made to mend a broken heart”

You are correct. looked at it closely and the $6k is for a group traveling together.

Thanks for bringing it up. As mentioned I use my Sapphire for any large travel expenses and sue the Explorer for United air charge & $1.5k is sufficient for a domestic flight.

I guess, I should check with Chase re: Sapphire--so far I haven't received any revisions to the benefits.

The change is one of the main reasons I switched to the club card. Even though it has a higher annual cost the benefits outweigh the cost.