Thanksgiving aboard Oasis of the Seas

We (three ladies: me, my mom, my aunt) will be aboard Oasis of the Seas over the US Thanksgiving holiday. I know people from all over the globe could be on the ship, but I'm wondering if the holiday might be given a nod in some way during the voyage? Just curious. Also, is it likely that the ship may be more, or less, full/crowded than during a non-major-holiday week? Thanks!

We were on Oasis last thanksgiving and will be again this year. They have turkey on Thanksgiving (along with prime rib). The day after thanksgiving it’s magically Christmas, even in 80 degree Caribbean weather.

The ship had a lot of people, but honestly, it never felt crowded (except for right after muster, but that’s expected).

Be prepared for a LOT of children. :o

Lots of families cruise over Thanksgiving. We did three Thanksgiving cruises with our son, and the ships are always loaded with families. I think we had over 2,000 kids on our Harmony cruise over Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of families cruise over Thanksgiving. We did three Thanksgiving cruises with our son, and the ships are always loaded with families. I think we had over 2,000 kids on our Harmony cruise over Thanksgiving!

Guess it's a good thing we like kids!:D :D

We were on Oasis last thanksgiving and will be again this year. They have turkey on Thanksgiving (along with prime rib). The day after thanksgiving it’s magically Christmas, even in 80 degree Caribbean weather.

The ship had a lot of people, but honestly, it never felt crowded (except for right after muster, but that’s expected).

Good to know...thank you! :)

A very good week to cruise. Warm weather, don't have to cook turkey dinner, can watch football on the deck and most important not have to deal with RELATIVES!

I think they had some kind of turkey dinner and they had a tree lighting on the Friday after

We were also on Oasis last Thanksgiving and love sailing this week of the year. The ship was full and many families and children, but it never felt crowded to us. We had sailed on her several summers ago and saw no difference related to crowds. Being a lover of all things football, we were excited that the TG day games as well as the Sat and Sunday games were televised both in the sports bar, but also on the big screens in the Aqua Theater. Not a bad place to watch your favorite team. Enjoy. Wonderful to see Christmas arrive Friday Morning.

We loved our Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis last year...lots of large family groups, which was a lot of fun!! Oasis really doesn't have that many sailings which are not sold out, so crowds were normal, but never was a problem. The atmosphere is fantastic tho...would cruise every Thanksgiving if I could!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

We (three ladies: me, my mom, my aunt) will be aboard Oasis of the Seas over the US Thanksgiving holiday. I know people from all over the globe could be on the ship, but I'm wondering if the holiday might be given a nod in some way during the voyage? Just curious. Also, is it likely that the ship may be more, or less, full/crowded than during a non-major-holiday week? Thanks!

Hi. I was on the Oasis last year and they did have turkey as an option in the dining room. They also had the captain “pardon the turkey” which was very cute. They also do Black Friday sale and a Christmas Tree lighting on Friday.

I believe the ship was sold out that week, but we never had any issues getting a chair by the pool or a seat at a show without reservations.

We are going again this year so we may see you.

A very good week to cruise. Warm weather, don't have to cook turkey dinner, can watch football on the deck and most important not have to deal with RELATIVES!

I think they had some kind of turkey dinner and they had a tree lighting on the Friday after

Hahaha! I can relate with the "Relatives" thing... Will be nifty to see the tree lighting, too!

We were also on Oasis last Thanksgiving and love sailing this week of the year. The ship was full and many families and children, but it never felt crowded to us. We had sailed on her several summers ago and saw no difference related to crowds. Being a lover of all things football, we were excited that the TG day games as well as the Sat and Sunday games were televised both in the sports bar, but also on the big screens in the Aqua Theater. Not a bad place to watch your favorite team. Enjoy. Wonderful to see Christmas arrive Friday Morning.

So cool! Being new to cruising, I wasn't sure what to expect. Nice to hear that the Oasis will likely be decked out for Christmas!

We loved our Thanksgiving cruise on Oasis last year...lots of large family groups, which was a lot of fun!! Oasis really doesn't have that many sailings which are not sold out, so crowds were normal, but never was a problem. The atmosphere is fantastic tho...would cruise every Thanksgiving if I could!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Nice to know! Thank you for your reply!

Hi. I was on the Oasis last year and they did have turkey as an option in the dining room. They also had the captain “pardon the turkey” which was very cute. They also do Black Friday sale and a Christmas Tree lighting on Friday.

I believe the ship was sold out that week, but we never had any issues getting a chair by the pool or a seat at a show without reservations.

We are going again this year so we may see you.

I will look for the "pardoning of the turkey" - sounds like fun! This will be my very first cruise, and my aunt's, but my mom took a Caribbean cruise about 20 years ago. I'm sure she will find that many things have changed since then, so I suppose we'll all be looking at the trip through cruise-virgin eyes! Thank you for your reply!

We've done multiple T-giving week cruises - primarily HI and Med. Have never noticed any over-abundance of kids -- just enough of them to make the cruises fun. We've really enjoyed our holidays on-board.

Thankgiving dinner features a turkey meal (and lots of other options as well). Preparation/sides may not be as traditional as you would get in the US on land. They tend to have some interesting riffs on the traditional desserts.

Always a good time

I usually host thanksgiving every year. Last year after a week cruise to Alaska with the inlays, I convinced hubby to do a week at sea as a break. We enjoyed it so much we booked it again this year. Only problem... the in laws ARE COMING WITH US!!!!