Which would you choose??

Noobie_cruiser

A little info first, we are a family of 4 with kids aged 4yo and 3yo. We have been in a total of 2 cruises. Both with Carnival. We were in the Victory this July, and just got of the Magic yesterday. And now we want to plan for our next cruise because we are addicted! :hearteyes: School will start soon so our next cruise will be for next year. :loudcry: Now i have a few questions.

1. What is the main difference between Carnival and Royal Caribbean? We are thinking of booking Vista Class ships if we do Carnival, and book Oasis Class ships if we do RCI.

2. When is the best time to book a cruise? Like is there a black Friday for cruises

3. What is the best deal you have gotten? I see deals like free drinks/internet/excursion package, 50% off 3rd and 4th guests, OBC, etc

4. I have heard that Carnival is the fun ship. Is it true that Carnival is more fun than Royal Caribbean? In what way is it more fun? Is it the shows, the activities, the CD, or just the atmosphere?

5. I saw that they have Johnny Rockets, so I was wondering what places are free to eat in Royal Caribbean? In Carnival they have mdr, buffet, blue iguana, guys burgers, pig&anchor, 24hr pizza and froyo.

6. Which would you choose just between the two, Carnival or Royal Caribbean and why?

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks! :halo:

IMO the best time to book is as soon as fares are published as long as the cruise line allows you to take advantage of price reductions without penalty. Carnival has a number of fares that do not allow that. You might also consider NCL, IMO you will get the most bang for your buck on NCL, especially when they are running the 3rd and 4th guests sail free promos.

1. Main difference in my opinion is the ships, especially Oasis class.
  2. Best time to book is when one finds a suitable itinerary at an acceptable price.
  3. There are no real deals. RCI changes its sales every few months but cruise prices don't significantly change. I'd suggest ignoring the marketing hype and try to look at what is offered objectively.
  4. It really depends on what one considers "fun". Both lines have lots of activities.
  5. On Oasis class: MDR, Windjammer (buffet), Park Cafe, Dog House, Solarium Bistro, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento Pizza, and Vitality Cafe (fees for juices and smoothies).
  6. I would choose the ship that had the itinerary that I liked best at an acceptable price.