Can you rebid after your first bid was accepted

kaylasnana

I don't think so. Plus you've already been charged. I would recommend only bidding on the category you really want. If I book an inside I typically only bid on a balcony. I'm not really interested in paying extra just for a window, but others love the natural light, so to each their own.

I hope you have a great time!

Nope. They typically only process bids one time per sailing. So bids are probably closed now for your sailing. Even if they are not, it is not possible to bid again once YOUR upgrade has been processed.

Hey Jamie..just bid for balcony...leaving on theSept 8th..when should we find out?

Nope. They typically only process bids one time per sailing. So bids are probably closed now for your sailing. Even if they are not, it is not possible to bid again once YOUR upgrade has been processed.

So I would presume that if one is in a Inside Cabin and is given the opportunity to upgrade/bid (2 classes of

cabins higher) to an Ocean View - Ocean View Obstructed - Balcony - thus if awarded the OV cabin any bids

for the Balcony are not considered and there would be no 2nd round of bidding - and as such one should not

have placed a bid for that OV if a Balcony was desired - It is the Balcony cabin or stay put.

On a upcoming cruise I am in a suite and have been given the opportunity to bid on 4 types of suites - but I

don't want to bid on the bottom two wanting either of the top two but if I don't get those then I sure would like

consideration for the bottom two - tough game/lottery to play. Bid on the bottom two and get an award but

lose out on consideration for the top two. In essence once NCL has awarded a bid that is it game over.

Of course I could consider the game is played fairly with NCL commanding the highest most money for any

given cabin - if I did not have the highest most money in the bid then I lose fair square but what about the

next category of cabin because I lost in the first round - any subsequent bid is closed and yet I may have

the highest most money placed in bid on that one.

I guess I would have better luck with throwing blindfolded darts at a revolving Pinata dart board !

One thing for sure I am being given the opportunity to at least bid for an upscale suite and NCL does not

want to be awarding bids for two cabins to one person awaiting a decision on which one that person wants

with limited time left to award the unwanted one to someone else.

Then too there is the situation where NCL is waiting to the last moment (2 days before sailing) to fill a prime

cabin with the highest yield fare - the bid game is constrained in getting everything in place and settled before

sailing - the suspense - the awe - the gamesmanship in making that successful bid.

The NCL bidding system is a blind bid and not like Ebay where you see the progress of the bids in auction

and can up a losing bid a notch if it looks like your bid is not going win !

This tirade put into another vein - "RATS I HATE TO LOSE" and by that much ! LOL !

LOOK OUT here comes my first blindfolded bid at the Pinata cabin dart board !

Hey Jamie..just bid for balcony...leaving on theSept 8th..when should we find out?

I think this is the answer that Jamie will have:

From that 80 days before sailing mark to 2 days before sailing -

NCL will advise you if your bid is accepted somewhere in that window of time -

If no notification is issued you keep the cabin perks and promos have and stay put.

Oh and Good Luck !

It seems that for MOST sailings, bids are processed 3-5 days before sailing. On my last cruise, my bid was accepted around noon on the Thursday before our Saturday sailing, so cutting it pretty close to the 48 hour mark. But we have seen reports of some people's bids being accepted 60-70 days out! There seem to be a few consistent factors that lead to bids being accepted early:

1. The sailing is full and NCL is closing bookings, so they go ahead and process bids for everyone's final placements on board.
  2. The sailing is not selling well and NCL decided to lower prices. They will process bids just prior to lowering prices to "lock in" people's higher bids.
  3. It does seem that for SOME categories on SOME sailings, NCL has an "auto-accept" threshold where they where almost immediately accept bids above a certain dollar amount. Typically, in those cases, we have seen people's bids get accepted within 24 hours of placing them, even if they are still 60+ days from sailing.