Pier upgrades...Is that a thing?

pathubia

I am sailing on the Dawn today. We are being diverted to Canada. If there are last minute cancellations, can we upgrade our cabins at the pier or on board?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Probably not, those have been gone for a very long time, the way to upgrade is through your agent or by bidding. It seems the ships have a permanent sign up at guest services stating all cabins are filled.

Thanks!! The ship is sold out, but according to different pages there seem to be many people that plan on canceling.

People say they will cancel but unless they have an outside insurance policy with a cancel for any reason clause when they call NCL (NCL insurance does not have that option) and find out they would lose 100% of their fare they will get on the ship.

People say they will cancel but unless they have an outside insurance policy with a cancel for any reason clause when they call NCL (NCL insurance does not have that option) and find out they would lose 100% of their fare they will get on the ship.
There have been a few with the cancel for any reason insurance. I will ask when I get there. Probably no, but stranger things have happened!!

People with NCL insurance are allowed to cancel for any reason with 75% or 90% of cruise fare credit (depending on regular or platinum policy).

But to answer the OP's question: NCL does not do day-of-sailing upgrades or room changes. There is a [permanent] sign at guest services that the ship is full and no changes will be accommodated.

:)

I am sailing on the Dawn today. We are being diverted to Canada. If there are last minute cancellations, can we upgrade our cabins at the pier or on board?

:) We went from an inside to an ocean view on day 2 of Canada cruise by asking Guest Services, for free. ;)