Reserve Specialty Dinners

lifeh2o4all

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise on the Constellation next month with a purchased 7 night specialty dinner package. I noticed that the online Cruise Planner has an option to reserve specialty restaurants, but when I go in and start making reservations it appears as though the Celebrity website is charging for each dinner instead of using my pre-paid package. Has anyone used this online option to book specialty dinners covered by a package? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

You cannot make reservations, in advance, with the specialty package.

As soon as you board go to one of the specialty restaurants and they will book your dates. Any one of the specialty restaurants can do reservations for all of them.

We have not had any problems getting the days and times we wanted. Only exception was last cruise we had a small group of medical professionals that reserved the Tuscan Grill for the entire evening.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We, if we are eating in MDR, go there first once onboard to confirm location of our table. On our last cruise, we had the 4 night package and were eating in BLU. We went to Murano and booked our 1st and 2nd nights of our package. For us, after our 1st speciality dinner evening, we then booked the 3rd and 4th and had no issues, but as mention above, if you know for sure which venue you want and day and time, book them. We waited as we decided to not go to Tuscan and go back to Murano's for a second meal of Dover Sol. :) We also asked to be seated with the same waiter and they accommodated us without hesitation.

Oh how MDR service, both food quality/presentation/service used to be at least for us!

Enjoy you cruise and for sure your dining experience!

We, if we are eating in MDR, go there first once onboard to confirm location of our table. On our last cruise, we had the 4 night package and were eating in BLU. We went to Murano and booked our 1st and 2nd nights of our package. For us, after our 1st speciality dinner evening, we then booked the 3rd and 4th and had no issues, but as mention above, if you know for sure which venue you want and day and time, book them. We waited as we decided to not go to Tuscan and go back to Murano's for a second meal of Dover Sol. :) We also asked to be seated with the same waiter and they accommodated us without hesitation.

Oh how MDR service, both food quality/presentation/service used to be at least for us!

Enjoy you cruise and for sure your dining experience!

Less restaurant choices on M-class than your S-class experience; so Tuscan Grille on M-class will fill up much quicker.

Less restaurant choices on M-class than your S-class experience; so Tuscan Grille on M-class will fill up much quicker.

Then even more important to go there when first onboard. Guess you can book all dinners and change as needed assuming there are open alternatives open/available.

Thanks for info. Want to sail M class again, but seems S class is where and when, and priced to get our business.:)

We had a 3 night dinner package purchased for upcoming Constellation. I ended up cancelling and booking individually through cruise planner so that we could get the dates and times we wanted. You still get the first night discount doing it this way. It did end up costing a little more (I think around $15 pp?) but we felt it was worth it. DH is one of those people that likes to eat at a set time lol, and doesn't like to eat late. We booked for 6:30 or 7 at the latest and those seem to book up fast.