Seaside Royal Suite Review-Sept 15-22

EMc&DrS

When there is a breeze, it does pass through the sides of the cabana. We got fairly warm the afternoon of that third sea day because the sun was shining directly into the cabana much of the day. The chairs are very comfortable, and yes, we were both able to read in there.

Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Arthur is on vacation and will go to Divina in December as Head Waiter in MDR. He was given a great promotion.

Hmmm...he was "99.9% sure" he would be assigned to Seaside, although he had "requested" Divina. Said he wouldn't know anything until about halfway through his vacation. I hope you are right--he deserves a promotion!

I have the Divina and the Meraviglia booked....but not in the YC. Hoping to love this cruise line and will book the YC on the Seaside for 2020. Thank you so much for your incredible pics and review!!!

Thanks so much. We tried MSC the first time on a four day cruise to Cozumel and back on Divina. We had a stateroom in the back over looking the wake. We liked it OK, but were not wowed until we came back for 10 days in the YC on Divina. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a cruise. Some people love the "show" around the main pool on sea days, or want the flexibility to eat at the buffet most meals so they aren't tied down to a schedule. We, on the other hand, really like peace and quiet/ rest and relaxation when cruising. For us, the YC provides the atmosphere we've been looking for, but others might find it too quiet or boring.

Thanks so much. We tried MSC the first time on a four day cruise to Cozumel and back on Divina. We had a stateroom in the back over looking the wake. We liked it OK, but were not wowed until we came back for 10 days in the YC on Divina. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a cruise. Some people love the "show" around the main pool on sea days, or want the flexibility to eat at the buffet most meals so they aren't tied down to a schedule. We, on the other hand, really like peace and quiet/ rest and relaxation when cruising. For us, the YC provides the atmosphere we've been looking for, but others might find it too quiet or boring.

Thank you! It sounds like heaven and a reachable goal!:)

Thank you! It sounds like heaven and a reachable goal!:)

Absolutely. It’s also a great value. I was just pricing a 12-day cruise in Europe this summer on the Celebrity Reflection, a ship we’ve sailed 3 times. That ship has numerous “royal suites,” and they want $32,000 for two passengers!!! We could have sailed in the Seaside RS for over a month at that price, or a standard YC suite for 2 months, and the service would be far superior on MSC.

Hmmm...he was "99.9% sure" he would be assigned to Seaside, although he had "requested" Divina. Said he wouldn't know anything until about halfway through his vacation. I hope you are right--he deserves a promotion!

He told me the day before he started his vacation he had been offered this promotion on Divina. He was so excited!

He told me the day before he started his vacation he had been offered this promotion on Divina. He was so excited!

That's great news--thanks for the info. I know he was hoping to get back to Divina. Now we all have a good excuse to book a cruise!

Absolutely. It’s also a great value. I was just pricing a 12-day cruise in Europe this summer on the Celebrity Reflection, a ship we’ve sailed 3 times. That ship has numerous “royal suites,” and they want $32,000 for two passengers!!! We could have sailed in the Seaside RS for over a month at that price, or a standard YC suite for 2 months, and the service would be far superior on MSC.

I agree that Celebrity's suite prices have gotten out of hand. Am about to embark on my first MSC Yacht Club suite on the 13th. This cruise is replacing one I had booked in a sky suite on Celebrity. Less than half the price.

Vishnu offered us an extra lounger but we didn't want one. We liked the seat/space ratio.

Also, we received "bonus" snack service in the cabana just as the rented cabanas did. All 4 of us did, actually. I guess we got lucky.

BTW, if Marco and Iggy can take credit for the cabanas, I'm taking credit for the 16037 issues getting fixed.;p

Thanks for the cabana info.

As NCL has pretty much put every nail in the coffin, I may bequeath our last CruiseNext certificate to you - for your convenience of course.

I agree that Celebrity's suite prices have gotten out of hand. Am about to embark on my first MSC Yacht Club suite on the 13th. This cruise is replacing one I had booked in a sky suite on Celebrity. Less than half the price.

We are on the same boat. Loved Celebrity but came across some very positive reviews on YC so decided to give MSC a try. We will also be on the 10/13 sailing.

Valerie

We are on the same boat. Loved Celebrity but came across some very positive reviews on YC so decided to give MSC a try. We will also be on the 10/13 sailing.

Valerie

Same with us, but we're not on until 1/12. Have mostly sailed with RC and most recently with Celebrity in their Suite Class, which we absolutely love. Really curious about trying the ship within a ship concept, was looking at NCL, and after doing more research, ended up booking Yacht Club. Excited to try something different.

You’re going to love it. We did a sky suite “aft wrap” on Reflection 5 years ago. The room was nice, but the butler totally creeped us out. He did nothing for us except drop off a few canapés in the afternoon. Totally different experience on MSC. When you find yourself wanting to book your cruise based on where you favorite butler or waiter is working, it says something about the level of service. Have a great cruise!

You’re going to love it. We did a sky suite “aft wrap” on Reflection 5 years ago. The room was nice, but the butler totally creeped us out. He did nothing for us except drop off a few canapés in the afternoon. Totally different experience on MSC. When you find yourself wanting to book your cruise based on where you favorite butler or waiter is working, it says something about the level of service. Have a great cruise!

I guess I've been lucky, I've always had excellent butlers on Celebrity. Wanted to take them home with me! The only problem I have is their current suite pricing which has gone crazy. Also, they do not yet have the ship within a ship concept. On one cruise we had to fight our way from the penthouse in the back of the ship all the way to Michael's Club in the front for priority and peaceful disembarcation. There were people and luggage everywhere. It was a mess.

I guess I've been lucky, I've always had excellent butlers on Celebrity. Wanted to take them home with me! The only problem I have is their current suite pricing which has gone crazy. Also, they do not yet have the ship within a ship concept. On one cruise we had to fight our way from the penthouse in the back of the ship all the way to Michael's Club in the front for priority and peaceful disembarcation. There were people and luggage everywhere. It was a mess.

I’m curious to know how you think MSC compares to Celebrity. Will you be writing any sort of review when you return?