Dress Code on Getaway, Baltic Cruise

Martha_74

Booked for September 2019. Do people dress for dinner? What is the general mode of dress for the majority of the passengers? I understand that it will be cool, if not cold, at all the ports we visit, so that will have to be taken into account also.

Booked for September 2019. Do people dress for dinner? What is the general mode of dress for the majority of the passengers? I understand that it will be cool, if not cold, at all the ports we visit, so that will have to be taken into account also.

Casual attire. Lots of jeans.

The dress code allows shorts in all dining rooms for all meals except the Ocean Blue and ale Bistro specialty restaurants where long pants (jeans, dockers) and a collared shirt (polo shirt) is required.

This is such a port intensive cruise that I was lucky I had any energy left for dinner. I do wear black slacks to the specialty restaurants with a 'nicer' top but that is just me. For the MDRs or buffett, we typically just wore what we had on during the day (which was jeans), minus the jacket. I honestly don't look at how other diners are dressed. Hope that helps.

This is such a port intensive cruise that I was lucky I had any energy left for dinner. I do wear black slacks to the specialty restaurants with a 'nicer' top but that is just me. For the MDRs or buffett, we typically just wore what we had on during the day (which was jeans), minus the jacket. I honestly don't look at how other diners are dressed. Hope that helps.

Thank you, I am soooo looking forward to this cruise. I also have a SOLO SUITE, and this is the first time for that. I have wanted to visit Russia and Estonia for years, and I do understand about how port-intensive this cruise will be.

Since its in late September next year, I have been looking at the weather for St. Petersburg and it indicates temps in the 50s during the day and in the 30s at night. So I will have to pack a few wool things as well.

I have been on the Getaway in the Carribean and on the Baltic last September 2017. (Can't believe it has been a year already!) We stayed in the Haven, but were out and about in the speciality restaurants as well.

The dress code is the same for all of the ships, but I noticed that people generally dressed up a little bit more than they did in the Caribbean. Perhaps it was because it was cooler and most people were wearing long pants anyway. There was a mix of people from different countries as well. Some do not always dress as casually as Americans do.

I would say a nice pair of pants or a skirt and a nice top would suffice. Or a tunic and leggings. We lucked out with the weather too. It was sunshine and bright blue skies for us. Very unusual for St. Pete, our guide told us. I took a light pea coat and layers. A lot of folks were wearing the "puffy coats" as I call them and they would have been way to hot for me. I think our temps were in the high 60's during most of the days and warmer in the sun.

It was cool outside on the ship at night, like on the Waterfront. Hardly anyone was in the pool, but the hot tubs and the thermal spa were very busy! The cruise was awesome! Enjoy!

Thank you for all the good information!

I have been on the Getaway in the Carribean and on the Baltic last September 2017. (Can't believe it has been a year already!) We stayed in the Haven, but were out and about in the speciality restaurants as well.

The dress code is the same for all of the ships, but I noticed that people generally dressed up a little bit more than they did in the Caribbean. Perhaps it was because it was cooler and most people were wearing long pants anyway. There was a mix of people from different countries as well. Some do not always dress as casually as Americans do.

I would say a nice pair of pants or a skirt and a nice top would suffice. Or a tunic and leggings. We lucked out with the weather too. It was sunshine and bright blue skies for us. Very unusual for St. Pete, our guide told us. I took a light pea coat and layers. A lot of folks were wearing the "puffy coats" as I call them and they would have been way to hot for me. I think our temps were in the high 60's during most of the days and warmer in the sun.

It was cool outside on the ship at night, like on the Waterfront. Hardly anyone was in the pool, but the hot tubs and the thermal spa were very busy! The cruise was awesome! Enjoy!

No, not exactly.

There are slight differences for the dress code for NCL ships. For example, some ships require long pants in one MDR and other ships don't require long pants in any MDR.

It's best to check the dailies for a particular ship.

Thanks for the clarification. What I was actually thinking and did not say is that the dress code is the same for the ship regardless of the itinerary!:D Hot climate or cold climate. Shorts vs long pants or jeans. I did not see many people wearing shorts in September in the Baltic ports.