Ocean Blue on the Bliss

kayjay76

Hi all,

Is Ocean Blue on the Bliss included in the dining plan? It is showing as a la carte. So I'm wondering if I can make reservations online without paying the upcharge? like we would Cagneys, Q etc...

When we were on the Getaway last year... we made reservations online before the cruise and had to pay the 17$ something upcharge at the time of booking. But it seems it has changed to a la carte pricing?

Anyone who's been on the Bliss and gone here and has any info would be great, ty!!!

It is not on the meal plan. When I was setting up reservations on our sailing (May), you had to pay upfront when making online reservations. We never did make it to the Ocean Blue, even though the menu looked good.

Hi all,

Is Ocean Blue on the Bliss included in the dining plan? It is showing as a la carte. So I'm wondering if I can make reservations online without paying the upcharge? like we would Cagneys, Q etc...

When we were on the Getaway last year... we made reservations online before the cruise and had to pay the 17$ something upcharge at the time of booking. But it seems it has changed to a la carte pricing?

Anyone who's been on the Bliss and gone here and has any info would be great, ty!!!

There is a $7 pp upcharge for people with the UDP, but nobody in our party (10) thought is was worth even that. Very poor selection, unless you really love oysters and shellfish, except lobster or crab, which is not on the new menu. It used to be on the old menu. Appetizers were very good, but the fish entree was very bland (had better in the Garden Cafe), and 3 people in our party found the scallops inedible. I would never even think about going back. We have lived in So Fla for 30 years, so are very spoiled by fresh seafood, and nothing on their menu was up to par.

Edited by klcardella
additional info

It is not on the meal plan. When I was setting up reservations on our sailing (May), you had to pay upfront when making online reservations. We never did make it to the Ocean Blue, even though the menu looked good.

Incorrect. Ocean Blue is part of the meal plan.

Ocean Blue does have a $10 upcharge if you have the dining package. Which you pay at time of booking online. If you do not have a dining plan, there is no up front charge for any a la carte restaurant.

Went with my husband. I don't eat seafood and he does. I had a steak and I do not believe they hit me with the upcharge but my husband had fish and did pay the charge. The absolute best thing on the menu was the bread!

Unless it was a mistake, that is really cool NCL did not upcharge you because you ate what you would eat at Cagneys. Again, if not a error, I applaud NCL for doing this. I am not a fish eater but I am traveling with those that are.

There's an upcharge. It's at least double digits. I was booking it on board until the lady told me about the upcharge. Menu didn't seem worth it, although I should have picked a different restaurant than Le Bistro.

Normally we like the steak at LeBistro more than Cagney’s but not on the Bliss. Cagney’s was exceptionally good. We liked certain things at Q. And Food Republic. La Cucina was more upscale and didn’t look like Olive Garden.