Help with Deluxe Beverage Package

We are on the freedom of the seas in April.2019. I have noticed know, each person in the stateroom must take the beverage package...which was not the case in 2017. My wife does not drink......has anyone inquired about the possibilty of buying only one package? Any help on this?

29 minutes ago, george61 said:

We are on the freedom of the seas in April.2019. I have noticed know, each person in the stateroom must take the beverage package...which was not the case in 2017. My wife does not drink......has anyone inquired about the possibilty of buying only one package? Any help on this?

We were able to get the Refreshment Package for my husband who shouldn't drink for medical reasons.  You can't book it online, so will have to call and this was done a year ago, so rules could have changed again, but it's worth a call.

If they require two drink packages and your wife does not drink, it's definitely not worth the cost at that point! 

Though, if you like the other things: sodas, fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, specialty coffees, non-alcoholic drinks, it might be worth getting the refreshment package and then just paying for your cocktails.  I'm not sure if you could order a non-alcoholic version of your drink and then pay for a shot?  Maybe that would be cheaper?

30 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

Are there any diamonds or higher on here, do you still buy drink packages if the price is right?

We are Diamond and do.  The hours of the lounge don't fit into the way we cruise and for the most what we prefer to drink is not on the official list.  Besides having the ability to get bottled water whenever we like is a plus.  Would really like a percent off the package to skip our 3 "free" drinks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Are there any diamonds or higher on here, do you still buy drink packages if the price is right?

Another Diamond here, and we too always buy the Deluxe beverage package.

Dan.

Man, I was hoping all you diamonds would tell me no, that it was not worth spending the money on. I was just trying to do the math. on the Presidents Cruise I was picturing there might bee even more opportunities for free drinks and I could just pay the difference. We have been world traveling for the past 2 years, not cruising, so I'm a little rusty on RC drink packages and drink prices. We loved the drink cards on Freedom last month at the end of the cruise but that was the first time I had ever seen those.