Liberty of the Seas 10/7 boring review

5 hours ago, vickiw0318 said:

Hi, Bonnie.  Good to see you cruising again.  Your review was great.  My exceedingly boring (and never published) mental review is "I did absolutely nothing and had a fantastic time."

Vicki, thanks for popping in!  I totally agree with you.

3 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Started reading your pre- and post-cruise updates in my office during lunch. Fell asleep and missed a meeting. Looking forward to reading the rest tonight. Thank you! 

I tried responding a few moments ago but my empty reply was sent. g-r-r-r-r AND I couldn't edit.  I HATE new and (not) improved anything which usually means new and confusing.

What I tried to send was:  WHAT? My review put you to sleep?  Now I know it's really boring. LOL

2 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

Hi Bonnie, hope all is well.  We cruised in early May and the pizza was fine but it was the same style.  Hopefully the new and improved version will be there for us when we go back in March.  It's funny how the Captain keeps telling everyone Oasis is coming but officially Royal won't confirm it.  I prefer Freedom class but I can understand wanting to try Oasis out of Galveston.  Ports won't change and might even be more limited.  Does Oasis class even go to Grand Cayman - I can't imagine tendering from it.  I had the same tutti salad issue on another ship awhile back about them not chopping the salad.  A headwaiter heard me discussing it at the table and took it back and had them chop it.  I think it's a laziness issue on the crew - some don't want to do it since it takes more time.  But they should absolutely chop it - especially if it's requested! I can't see them eliminating that - it's what makes the salad so good!  Thanks for the review.

Hey Wolfie, always a pleasure to see you.  I would be happy having the Liberty in Galveston instead of Oasis.  I don't like the idea of having to pre-book entertainment.  RCI does a good job of crowd control but I can't imagine the pool areas on sea days.  Of course I will try it and hopefully change my mind.

Just how long does it take to chop a salad?  5 seconds maybe?  I didn't push it but the tutti salad lost its appeal.  It became a regular salad...sigh.

Enjoy your cruise in March and please post a review. I always enjoyed your previous ones.

1 hour ago, ssb said:

As for new terminals and Oasis in Galveston  

Qualification Design Bid Build Processes are in progress by PORT of Galveston for the following :

NEW Terminal # 3:
     At Pier 10 - A 190,000 SF+ cruise terminal building, passenger boarding bridges, surrounding/adjacent site work and utility and roadway capacity improvements with approximately 2000 parking spaces to be provided , and to be completed by June 2020 .

NEW Parking Garage for Terminals # 1 and # 2 :
   A multi-Story structure with at least 3,000 parking spaces, 
excluding the first (ground) level which must remain open for railroad and shuttle travel. The parking garage will be at and replace current cruise terminal Surface Lots A, B, and B West. and to be completed by December 2019.

CITY has begun improvements for Harborside from I45 to Ferry Road , and for new new ingress egress and traffic lanes for terminals1&2 . 

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like quite an undertaking.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So there is a country band in the Star lounge every night? I’m looking forward to it but just wondering the variety of music. Are the songs of the Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown, Brooks and Dunn variety. Or the more traditional George Jones, Dolly Parton. Johnny Cash.

Or does it vary by night?

EDIT: Reading back my question, I sound like the guy from Blues Brothers movie. "We have both kinds of music: Country and Western". LOL. No offense.

No feed back?? :classic_sad:

I'll guess I'll be surprised when I sail on her Nov 4th. If there are a few Garth Brooks songs, the DW will be very happy!

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

So there is a country band in the Star lounge every night? I’m looking forward to it but just wondering the variety of music. Are the songs of the Rascal Flatts, Zac Brown, Brooks and Dunn variety. Or the more traditional George Jones, Dolly Parton. Johnny Cash.

Or does it vary by night?

EDIT: Reading back my question, I sound like the guy from Blues Brothers movie. "We have both kinds of music: Country and Western". LOL. No offense.

We were only in the Star lounge once or twice when they had a Country band.  I'm a NYC gal and grew up with far different music than country so I really don't know WHAT music was played.  Ask me about Josh Groban, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Motown, I could answer your question.  I do like Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood.  Does that count?  BTW we're in TX 15 years now and I still can't bring myself to say "y'all'.  Will they throw me out for that??

5 hours ago, ssb said:

As for new terminals and Oasis in Galveston  

Qualification Design Bid Build Processes are in progress by PORT of Galveston for the following :

NEW Terminal # 3:
     At Pier 10 - A 190,000 SF+ cruise terminal building, passenger boarding bridges, surrounding/adjacent site work and utility and roadway capacity improvements with approximately 2000 parking spaces to be provided , and to be completed by June 2020 .

NEW Parking Garage for Terminals # 1 and # 2 :
   A multi-Story structure with at least 3,000 parking spaces, 
excluding the first (ground) level which must remain open for railroad and shuttle travel. The parking garage will be at and replace current cruise terminal Surface Lots A, B, and B West. and to be completed by December 2019.

CITY has begun improvements for Harborside from I45 to Ferry Road , and for new new ingress egress and traffic lanes for terminals1&2 . 

Sure seems like they are getting ready for a big ship.

Also, looks like things might be messy for awhile.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We were only in the Star lounge once or twice when they had a Country band.  I'm a NYC gal and grew up with far different music than country so I really don't know WHAT music was played.  Ask me about Josh Groban, Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Motown, I could answer your question.  I do like Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood.  Does that count?  BTW we're in TX 15 years now and I still can't bring myself to say "y'all'.  Will they throw me out for that??

I was born and raised in the New York metro area as well & grew up with the same music. But also developed a love of country music so I'll be hitting the Star lounge most nights, if just for a little while.

And yes, Faith Hill & Carrie do count!!  I have family that moved to Houston a few years ago and whenever a "ya'll" slips out of their mouth, they act kind of sheepish

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was born and raised in the New York metro area as well & grew up with the same music. But also developed a love of country music so I'll be hitting the Star lounge most nights, if just for a little while.

And yes, Faith Hill & Carrie do count!!  I have family that moved to Houston a few years ago and whenever a "ya'll" slips out of their mouth, they act kind of sheepish

It's ya'll not y'all?  Fifteen years in TX and now I find that out!

Entertainment venues change with each cruise based on the large groups that have their private events all over the ship.  

Only theme night I remember was Caribbean night.  Lots of tropical outfits.  There was a 70s and an 80s "party" on the Promenade.  There was also a balloon drop which we didn't bother to attend.  Hey RCI how about a 60s night?  

Quest as always was crazy. Same old, same old but lots of laughter.

Oh and the Meet and Mingle was well attended.  Every seat in the Olive or Twist lounge was taken. I wasn't able to meet folks on my roll call because I had no idea where they were.  Cookies, tea, coffee was offered.  Very few raffles and no give a ways like the notepad and pen on a "string"

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 8:39 AM, BillOh said:

Was there any signs of the pizza and its quality?  I've been one to call Royal's previous pizza offerings bad to crap, but I just experienced what I thought was the "new improved" pizza on Enchantment and was wondering if this is what you saw. 

ppizza.jpg

BillOH - Just off the Liberty. I can confirm that the pizza is greatly improved, the best pizza we've had in our 8 cruises.  I actually had it every day.....some days twice.....there might have been a day where I'm ashamed to admit I've had it 3 times. I think they put crack or some other highly addictive  substance in the pizza. Just looking at that picture is making my mouth water.

They do have smaller versions of the sign in your pic sitting on top of the counter.

• Like 1