Staying on Board that little bit longer

Not Rod Stewart

We are booked aboard an MSC Cruise in November and want to stay on board for an extra 2 days. We do not want to pay for the following cruise in full so on the basis `if you don't ask you don't get` we wish to contact someone definitive within MSC to discuss our options. Any ideas?

I purchased a 7-night cruise, however i am joining later for the final 5 nights. 

I called MSC customer service to see if "it was possible" for me to stay an extra night. Before I knew it, the agent put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. While on hold, he booked another cabin - and then cancelled it. Which apparently must have put another fee or cancellation on my original reservation. 

And now... i can't check-in using E-Tickets  because the system says that I still owe money. 

I've spoken w over 5 different customer service agents, to which no one has helped. All supposedly "talking to their supervisor". The last agent told me that it might take 14 days to be updated. 

So no - you can't just stay on 5 extra days. The cabin is probably sold anyways. And you don't want to experience the mess that I'm in. 

Edited by worldtravelista1

1 hour ago, Not Rod Stewart said:

We are booked aboard an MSC Cruise in November and want to stay on board for an extra 2 days. We do not want to pay for the following cruise in full so on the basis `if you don't ask you don't get` we wish to contact someone definitive within MSC to discuss our options. Any ideas?

You are kidding right?🤣🤣 If you want to stay on longer then you will have to do like we are doing, we booked an 11 day cruise, want to stay on longer so booked the following cruise for 10 days, want to stay on longer so booked the following cruise for 11 days. Just pay full fare for the following cruise, easy peasy. No such thing as a partial cruise.

Edited by ready2cruzagain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Not Rod Stewart said:

Well now.... there is a challenge. If they have 200 cabins empty for that particular leg and I offered them $10.000 for two days you are still saying `never going to happen?`

You just said you didn't want to pay full price.  Get a nice hotel on the beach for 2 days.

You might want to consider just booking the 2nd cruise in the lowest cost cabin and then asking MSC for permission to do an early disembarkation.   You can certainly call MSC (or better yet be using a decent cruise agency that has more clout and can work on your behalf) and ask about getting some kind of partial cruise price on that 2nd cruise, but we suspect that is not going to work.

Hank