"First IUnread Post" option

sippican

There used to be an option at the top of threads to jump to the first unread post. I can't see it on my roll calls. 

Is it just some threads, or am I missing something? 

So annoying to scroll through the posts on the last page to find the new ones.

And while we're at it ..... I need to clear my last quote each time I want to post a new reply?

Building on your question,

There was a function selecting a thread that would allow one to click near the last poster's name to take one to the last post immediately.  It seems the only option I have found is just to select a thread and start at post #1.  Then going to the last page, and scrolling down.  Any here more computer savvy than I might have already figured this out.  

Scanditaly

3 hours ago, Tomato53 said:

Click on the dot to the left of the thread title - it will take you to the first unread post.

Wel that explains it! They just don't work if someone forgets to put them in the forum!

They do not exist in the Xpedition Roll Call forum, but I do see them here.

Edited by sippican

Thanks for asking this question. I couldn't figure out how to go to my " first unread post".  I never noticed the dot that does that.  Thanks for the answer. 

Edited by noah53

As a work around until it is once again activated is to clickt the  >> button at the top of the page selection that brings you to the last page then I scroll down to the last post I have read.   Looking forward to having this back. 

This thread is probably not the best place to post "bugs" or "feature requests"    Their is a thread set up at this link

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/

You should see one of three things to the left of a thread title: a star, a dot, or a blank. The star shows on threads you have posted in which have new posts, a dot is all other threads with new posts (including new threads), blank is threads with no new posts. Note: You won't see the dots or stars if you aren't logged in.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1