How to find a review for a SPECIFIC / EXACT room number eg Vision of the Seas #8017

Nicdigby

Is there a way I can find reviews from people who have stayed in the exact same room number that I am interested in booking please?

I am hyper sensitive to noise and want to see whether the rooms that are eg above the theatre / below the WindJammer / below the toilets / next to the stairs ARE actually noisy or whether previous reviewers mention any noise?

Thanks !

You can try googling that info....no guarantee there will be anything, tho.

If you are hyper-sensitive, it's best to have cabins above AND below you...less chance of noise.  That cabin is under the pool deck and the outdoor movie screen.....you will have some chair scraping for sure.  You really aren't as close to the stairs as you think...they are in a "foyer" .  The restrooms aren't THAT close to you, either....so that shouldn't be an issue.

We once had a cabin above the theatre (not on your chosen line/ship) and thought it would be OK as we are usually out during the hours that the shows run. We didn't take into account the rehearsals that started around 4pm each day - just when we were ready for a pre-dinner rest. How much this might bother you depends on your usual routine but, for us, it would have been a big problem (luckily, we were moved).

1 hour ago, Slugsta said:

We once had a cabin above the theatre (not on your chosen line/ship) and thought it would be OK as we are usually out during the hours that the shows run. We didn't take into account the rehearsals that started around 4pm each day - just when we were ready for a pre-dinner rest. How much this might bother you depends on your usual routine but, for us, it would have been a big problem (luckily, we were moved).

Thank you so much, I hadn't thought about the rehearsals. How much sound came up through the floor? Could you hear drum beats and the songs being belted out? Would you have been able to sleep through it (I have kids who need to be asleep by 845/9pm in order to function the next day)

On 10/20/2018 at 1:21 PM, Nicdigby said:

Is there a way I can find reviews from people who have stayed in the exact same room number that I am interested in booking please?

I am hyper sensitive to noise and want to see whether the rooms that are eg above the theatre / below the WindJammer / below the toilets / next to the stairs ARE actually noisy or whether previous reviewers mention any noise?

Thanks !

The C. C. forums I am familiar with, Royal and Celebrity, each have a “sticky “ thread at the top of the forum with a pointer to a spread sheet with summaries of all information ever reported about given cabins across their fleets. Access the spreadsheet, scroll to find your cabin of interest... Hopefully other lines you are considering have similar resources in the forums here. 

One limitation for me is that for Royal at least you need to log in with a Google account to see the spreadsheet and I won’t do Google accounts due to security concerns.

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

On 10/21/2018 at 11:54 AM, Nicdigby said:

Thank you so much, I hadn't thought about the rehearsals. How much sound came up through the floor? Could you hear drum beats and the songs being belted out? Would you have been able to sleep through it (I have kids who need to be asleep by 845/9pm in order to function the next day)

There was a lot of noise! Bass beat, drums, songs etc. It would have been enough to stop me from getting to sleep, I don't know if it would have woken me if I was already asleep.