Music channel(s) on QM2 tv?

2Oldpeopleinlove

I've searched without success for a note on the music we will get on the cabin television. Music was terrible on NCL, so we downloaded music from Amazon Prime for the cabin. I want to cancel Prime and that means no music via the iPad. So can we expect a classical music channel via tv, or must I re-up for Prime?

3 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

I've searched without success for a note on the music we will get on the cabin television. Music was terrible on NCL, so we downloaded music from Amazon Prime for the cabin. I want to cancel Prime and that means no music via the iPad. So can we expect a classical music channel via tv, or must I re-up for Prime?

You'll want to take your own music, downloaded so you can play it offline.
My kids tease me for still using iTunes over streaming, but I always have hours of music on aircraft (or in this case while crossing the Atlantic).

8 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

No!

i complained about the lack of music a few weeks ago. There are now no music channels. Robbie Howie was quite surprised and said that he would check it out.

Nothing changed.

Don't know what channel/s you were tuned to , however, there is always music on the 'channel of the Bridge Webb Cam'. I always have it on when getting ready for the evening. ( always has been, I was only listening to it last month September) 

No wonder the Hotel Manager was surprised. :classic_wink:   

On 10/27/2018 at 9:36 PM, VintageCCG said:

You'll want to take your own music, downloaded so you can play it offline.
My kids tease me for still using iTunes over streaming, but I always have hours of music on aircraft (or in this case while crossing the Atlantic).

For some of us, iTunes is out of our technology league.  Do the cabins (Grill class) have CD players?  We always like to have a little Debussy and VIvaldi (Tempesta di Mare) now and then.

There are no CD players, but you can connect your devices to the TV if you have the correct leads etc..

I seem to remember DVD players, but I can't remember seeing them recently, but there again, we never bothered using them. The concierge used to keep a DVD library.

There also used to be a classical channel, but as I stated it's gone.

Stewart

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

There are no CD players, but you can connect your devices to the TV if you have the correct leads etc..

I seem to remember DVD players, but I can't remember seeing them recently, but there again, we never bothered using them. The concierge used to keep a DVD library.

There also used to be a classical channel, but as I stated it's gone.

Stewart

That assumes we have "devices."  Big assumption.

I believe CD's can be played through a DVD player.  Can anyone confirm or deny BigMac's observation?

I remember a dvd player on QV when we got moved up to a Q4 penthouse (great upgrade, if I may venture off-topic). I do not recall having one in any of the QM2 staterooms. Is it still possible to purchase a portable CD player?