Oasis Port Canaveral

JaniceB

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Are they back to Valet parking again?  The last few times, it was not done when we used them.  You kept your keys, and then retrieved your own car.  The DH would wait with the luggage while I drove up to load up.  

They did in April, I think they are back to being more established again.  They were hit very hard with the hurricane last year and then they assisted the "Vets for Parking" by allowing them to use some of the lot.  I think since  Oasis came to the port and it such a large ship that they like to park the vehicles themselves.  We had to wait a few times before when persons were trying to park properly and not take 2 spaces.  The port increased the price for them because of Oasis and of course they passed the increase along to the clients.

I like using them, especially when we do our lady cruise trips.  Very nice for the women to pull up and have someone put their luggage on the shuttle and when we return we usually get a porter that walks us and the luggage to the shuttle.  The ladies love it and yes it is a few dollars more but amazing how convenient.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Prior to moving here we always dropped luggage off early and rode hotel shuttle over.  Less hassle getting on and off the busses.

Still drop luggage off early now that we live here since its easier on the folks that drop us off.

The exception is a shortie, no need for luggage, just carry on.

I was hoping it would be less hassle if we didn't have our bags since some people are very impatient when it comes to getting bags off the shuttle.  

Thanks everyone for their comments and experience.  

What is the earliest time you would get to the port to check in if you don't have status?

18 hours ago, venicia said:

They did in April, I think they are back to being more established again.  They were hit very hard with the hurricane last year and then they assisted the "Vets for Parking" by allowing them to use some of the lot.  I think since  Oasis came to the port and it such a large ship that they like to park the vehicles themselves.  We had to wait a few times before when persons were trying to park properly and not take 2 spaces.  The port increased the price for them because of Oasis and of course they passed the increase along to the clients.

I like using them, especially when we do our lady cruise trips.  Very nice for the women to pull up and have someone put their luggage on the shuttle and when we return we usually get a porter that walks us and the luggage to the shuttle.  The ladies love it and yes it is a few dollars more but amazing how convenient.  

Yes, it was actually a tornado spawned by the hurricane.  Took out their whole building.  Damaged a lot of cars also.  Was happy to see them up and running again so quickly using that

trailer.  

We are on Oasis again next month...will be interesting to see if they are doing the valet parking again.  

We use Park n Cruise also and had valet parking in August.  We just tell them we want valet parking and we also order a car cover. Sometimes they've charged $10 to valet park and other times nothing. I've seen the option to charge $10 on the website when you book and other times there's no option.  I don't think they like to do it but we pretty much tell them we want it and they do it.   Maybe we look so old and decrepit that they're afraid to let us park ourselves!:classic_rolleyes:  We also ask one of the kids to get a cart for us and load our luggage and take it over to the line.  Maybe we're too demanding but we do tip them nicely though.  The whole thing for us is to lift the heavy luggage as little as possible. 

• Like 1