Oasis Port Canaveral

JaniceB

Sailing on the Oasis Nov 11th and wondering if it would be a good idea to drop off luggage early and then comeback later to park in the garage.  Can you access the garage without going into the drop off area?  Is it a long walk if you park and then take your luggage to the porter. I also found a park and cruise from the Residence Inn but I can't see to find any reviews about this package and the shuttle experience.  I have looked in the Fl departures but the search still isn't working that well for me.  

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It is not a long walk from the parking structure to the porters, but I believe you can drop the luggage with the porters before you park.

Bob have you ever used the shuttle from the Residence Inn?

1 minute ago, JaniceB said:

Bob have you ever used the shuttle from the Residence Inn?

No, when we are cruising out of Port Canaveral, we have always had a rental car.  On cruise morning, we return the rental car to the rental office and use the rental office shuttle to get to the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaniceB said:

Sailing on the Oasis Nov 11th and wondering if it would be a good idea to drop off luggage early and then comeback later to park in the garage.  Can you access the garage without going into the drop off area?  Is it a long walk if you park and then take your luggage to the porter. I also found a park and cruise from the Residence Inn but I can't see to find any reviews about this package and the shuttle experience.  I have looked in the Fl departures but the search still isn't working that well for me.  

Prior to moving here we always dropped luggage off early and rode hotel shuttle over.  Less hassle getting on and off the busses.

Still drop luggage off early now that we live here since its easier on the folks that drop us off.

The exception is a shortie, no need for luggage, just carry on.

We hav used the Residence Inn shuttle and it worked just fine.

However we now park at the port for the convenience since we have to drive home.  We drive up, drop off the luggage and the pull forward and make a left right up the ramp into the parking garage.

Very easy either way you choose...

• Like 1

Luggage drop off is actually the bottom floor of the parking garage.  You drop off your luggage, make a left turn going back to the front of the garage.  You then have choice, make a "youie" and go up the ramp.  Prepay for packing then find a spot.  Alternatively, you can proceed out of the garage and drive about.

There is also a bypass line at the luggage drop off area. If you want to bring your luggage down your self.  Thinking about it you may be able to proceed up the ramp as you approach the garage with no need to go anywhere close to the baggage drop off area.

I prefer dropping of bags before parking the car.  Just not worth the hassle with the amount of luggage we normally have.

I really like the new terminal.  You never are exposed to the elements during this entire process, including walking into the actual terminal for check-in.

• Like 1

In February, we will park our car at Park N Cruise, and then take the shuttle to the terminal. Its buses run every few minutes and we've never waited longer than 10-minutes for one! We have also parked at the terminal, which is very close and convenient, but a bit more $$ vs Park N Cruise. We have used hotel shuttles (not Residence Inn though) in the past and will no longer use them because of a longer wait time; worst experience was waiting over an hour for a hotel shuttle! So, IMO, for convenience and speediness, I would park at the terminal but to save a few $$, I would use Park N Cruise! CHEERS!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

In February, we will park our car at Park N Cruise, and then take the shuttle to the terminal. Its buses run every few minutes and we've never waited longer than 10-minutes for one! We have also parked at the terminal, which is very close and convenient, but a bit more $$ vs Park N Cruise. We have used hotel shuttles (not Residence Inn though) in the past and will no longer use them because of a longer wait time; worst experience was waiting over an hour for a hotel shuttle! So, IMO, for convenience and speediness, I would park at the terminal but to save a few $$, I would use Park N Cruise! CHEERS!!

That's what we do also, and have ParkNCruise booked for our next two Oasis cruises.  Indeed great service.  VA discount, and every 5th parking free!  🙂  I just know how it works for pax using the garage, since we helped friends this last time...who insist on parking at the garage.  😉

"Sea" you there!  🙂

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, island lady said:

That's what we do also, and have ParkNCruise booked for our next two Oasis cruises.  Indeed great service.  VA discount, and every 5th parking free!  🙂  I just know how it works for pax using the garage, since we helped friends this last time...who insist on parking at the garage.  😉

"Sea" you there!  🙂

Just maybe! Tom and I will be driving our 2017 Honda CRV (blue) with Indiana plates! We usually get there around 11.

• Like 1

I have to agree with the others about Park & Cruise, we have been using them for years.  Excellent service and what we appreciate most about them is the shuttles are sitting there waiting for you when you disembark.  When you get to the lot, your car is pulled up at the drop off point.  They even help you put the suitcases in your car and then off you go.

The Park & Cruise at Port Canaveral is the best we have ever used at any of the ports we drive to.  Also, the price is almost half of what the terminal is.

• Like 1

We used to use Park N Cruise but now that they have raised their rates to $10.95 we stopped and park at the port.  For our next cruise they were $98 vs $136 for parking at the port.  Adding tip to the $98 for the drivers each way and the savings is not enough (for us)  to give up the convenience of parking at the terminal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SandraLee said:

So, are you saying you do not wait for their shuttle at the end of the cruise? They have enough shuttles?

Correct, when you get off there are usually 3 or more shuttles waiting for you.   The amount will depend on the ship you are on, for Oasis when we got off in April there were 5 shuttles parked there.  Of course they fill each shuttle before it heads to the lot but that does not take long at all.  

Yes, we tip the driver when they drive us to the port and also when they take us back to the lot.  They do ALL the lifting of the heavy suitcases.  You remain seated while they take all the luggage off the shuttle and then you get off.  

Each person has their own manner of embarking on their cruise, ours is when we get on the shuttle. Vacation has then started.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

We used to use Park N Cruise but now that they have raised their rates to $10.95 we stopped and park at the port.  For our next cruise they were $98 vs $136 for parking at the port.  Adding tip to the $98 for the drivers each way and the savings is not enough (for us)  to give up the convenience of parking at the terminal

We also park at the terminal port parking lot, and carry our suitcases with us.   Never had a long wait to get an elevator.  Very convient, and the time we save is well worth the extra cost.  On our last Oasis Cruise, the total time starting from entering the parking lot, going through security, checking in and boarding was 20 minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Just maybe! Tom and I will be driving our 2017 Honda CRV (blue) with Indiana plates! We usually get there around 11.

Might just see you...we are usually there between 10:30 and 11.   By the time they finally get us loaded, drive over, wait for a slot to open to drop bags, unload us, etc....the ship has already begun boarding by the time we get into the terminal, and in fact all C&A levels have been called by then.  Very rare we have actually sat in the terminal to wait.   

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Might just see you...we are usually there between 10:30 and 11.   By the time they finally get us loaded, drive over, wait for a slot to open to drop bags, unload us, etc....the ship has already begun boarding by the time we get into the terminal, and in fact all C&A levels have been called by then.  Very rare we have actually sat in the terminal to wait.   

I've only waited as a B2B passenger

3 hours ago, venicia said:

I have to agree with the others about Park & Cruise, we have been using them for years.  Excellent service and what we appreciate most about them is the shuttles are sitting there waiting for you when you disembark.  When you get to the lot, your car is pulled up at the drop off point.  They even help you put the suitcases in your car and then off you go.

The Park & Cruise at Port Canaveral is the best we have ever used at any of the ports we drive to.  Also, the price is almost half of what the terminal is.

Are they back to Valet parking again?  The last few times, it was not done when we used them.  You kept your keys, and then retrieved your own car.  The DH would wait with the luggage while I drove up to load up.  

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

10% off with VA discount.  And every 5th parking is free...works for me. but if they continue to raise rates though, I may do what you did.