Turning up late to Traditional dining

As I said before, the galley and wait staff want to finish early.  5pm is ridiculous, pax will go straight from arvo tea to dinner in the MDR. 7.15pm 2nd sitting is fine, for us anyway.

I think you will find the pressure came from North Americans re earlier 1st sitting time. On Princess 1st sitting TD is always waitlisted first.

Edited by NSWP

14 hours ago, Docker123 said:

When I was a student in the US, the dining time in the dorms started at 5.30 — with long queues. Also ended (closed) about 7.

then again, 5 is a pretty usual time in nursing homes.

Does that mean 1st sitting on HAL is 5pm then?😂  Glad we are on Noordam's second sitting then.

Edited by NSWP

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Does that mean 1st sitting on HAL is 5pm then?😂  Glad we are on Noordam's second sitting then.

Yesterday I checked our HAL dining time with our TA for our 7/12/18 cruise. They confirmed it as 5.45.

17 hours ago, Docker123 said:

When I was a student in the US, the dining time in the dorms started at 5.30 — with long queues. Also ended (closed) about 7.

then again, 5 is a pretty usual time in nursing homes.

Haha.

I'm sure if they get a lot of feedback to the contrary it'll change again. Being over our Summer people will want to eat later. Whereas in the northern hemisphere at this time, they won't want to stay up so late.

Having just deposited today on Regal Princess - Singapore to Sydney, TD times were 5pm and 7.15pm, so choose the latter, table of 8, as we do.   I bet it is not long before 7.15pm becomes 'wait listed.'   Normally other way round, the 1st sitting becomes waitlisted first up.:classic_blink:

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Having just deposited today on Regal Princess - Singapore to Sydney, TD times were 5pm and 7.15pm, so choose the latter, table of 8, as we do.   I bet it is not long before 7.15pm becomes 'wait listed.'   Normally other way round, the 1st sitting becomes waitlisted first up.:classic_blink:

Most likely right  although ATD will get a hell of a run as well.

The impression I got at the M&G is that they will be taking notice of feedback in this region so hopefully lots of people on current cruises will comment about the early dining times. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One couple we talked to were very unhappy so I suggested they talk to the Maitre'd to see if they could change to late dining. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The impression I got at the M&G is that they will be taking notice of feedback in this region so hopefully lots of people on current cruises will comment about the early dining times. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One couple we talked to were very unhappy so I suggested they talk to the Maitre'd to see if they could change to late dining. 

I suppose there would be a few wanting to do the same.

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Most likely right  although ATD will get a hell of a run as well.

Indeed, but the Royal Class ships seem to handle it all,  Royal Princess did this year anyway, in Europe.

25 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

yeah, we have late seating for ours but cannot remember the timing, 7.30 or 7.45?

Maybe 8pm on your Maasdam ,Mic?   I checked with HAL, currently 2nd sitting is 8pm on Noordam next year.  Of course that can all change.

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Maybe 8pm on your Maasdam ,Mic?   I checked with HAL, currently 2nd sitting is 8pm on Noordam next year.  Of course that can all change.

Cheers, we just got it changed to open dining, that would suit us better and it wasn't on offer when we first booked but we have upgraded cabins so now it was. Perhaps due my brother upgrading to a suite