Pre Booking Excursions with Free at Sea Promo and Platinum Discount

Mac4YYZ

Just booked Bliss out of Miami for a quick dose of vitamin D in December and was given the excursion promo as part of the booking. I would like to reserve some excursions in advance and have the platinum discount from Latitudes. Anyone have any experience with this? I would prefer not to have OBC unless it can be used against my DSC.

It’s really easy.  I just called the shore excursion number and reserved.  As long as you have a shore excursion credit there’s no charge till onboard. Charge is applied after excursion taken.  What’s also nice is that the platinum discount is applied on the original cost and the $50 discount is taken off after discount.  The shore excursion department really has their act together.  Very knowledgeable staff.  The only negative is that the confirmation emails don’t have the total cost. Just the dates and times.  Shore excursion department will tell you what the total running costs are over the phone.  

The easiest way is to call the excursion line and book over the phone. There will be no up front payment like there is through My NCL and the excursions will be billed to your onboard account along with the $50 credit for each port.  You may have to visit the excursion desk onboard the ship to have them apply your discount however.

Our Escape cruise last Thanksgiving did not automatically apply our discount for Gold and we had to visit the desk to get it adjusted.

We are gold so get the % discount plus we have the $50 shore excursion credit.  When I called the shore excursion folks - recently, last couple of weeks - they would apply the % but I had to pay the rest and they said the $50 would be credited back to my onboard account. 

First, the rules for the promotion states: 
Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

To ensure you get your credit, follow the rules. 

Second, you get the $50 credit once you complete the shore ex. It is credited to your on board account.

Third, when the shore ex is charged to your account, 90% of the time, your platinum plus discount is not correctly applied,  so you need to talk to shore ex to fix.