Price drop question

skidawg79

You get whatever the current offer is when you re-price the cruise. If the OBC was part of a prior promotion, you lose it. If it was from booking on board, you keep it. If it was from a TA, it is the TA's call on whether it stays or goes.

correct.  I just had this happen to me.  I had a chance to save $292 on a cruise I booked.  However I would receive $100 in OBC instead of $175 that I previously had.  I still saved so I took this deal. 

5 minutes ago, gnargnarz said:

Is this true if you are upgrading?  I have an OV Balcony booked w/ $250 OBC but am looking to upgrade to JS.  There is no OBC offered w/ the JS currently

Yep, when you change categories, you are subject to the current price and perks in effect at the time you change.

The best way to look at a price change before final payment is to consider you are effectively "cancelling" your cruise with no penalty and "rebooking."  So you are subject to whatever the new pricing promotion is.  So if the original price included discounted drink packages, you'd lose those, OBC, you'd lose that, etc.  On the other hand, if the new pricing included drink packages, you'd get that.  So there are times a price INCREASE may be a net reduction.  I had 3 Crown Lofts  reserved on a great rate for our family, 6 adults 5 children.  We had reduced drink packages included.  The a Kids Sail Free promotion came up and even though the price for each adult went up and the drink packages went away, my net savings was $2000!  So... no brainer.  Always.....ALWAYS run ALL the numbers and get the REAL bottom line. 

31 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

The best way to look at a price change before final payment is to consider you are effectively "cancelling" your cruise with no penalty and "rebooking."  So you are subject to whatever the new pricing promotion is.  So if the original price included discounted drink packages, you'd lose those, OBC, you'd lose that, etc.  On the other hand, if the new pricing included drink packages, you'd get that.  So there are times a price INCREASE may be a net reduction.  I had 3 Crown Lofts  reserved on a great rate for our family, 6 adults 5 children.  We had reduced drink packages included.  The a Kids Sail Free promotion came up and even though the price for each adult went up and the drink packages went away, my net savings was $2000!  So... no brainer.  Always.....ALWAYS run ALL the numbers and get the REAL bottom line. 

Great info....RCCL newbie here so thanks for the help.  I did sail with RCCL before but I didn’t do the booking or look into any of this back then.